Having trouble with transparency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with transparency

So I am trying to make a logo and Most of it worked, I had an image of 3 wolves over 3 letters, then started to use the magic wand tool. I made the wolves disappear showing a cutout of them on the letters. Looks great, now the holes of 2 letters (P and R) won't disappear. Image is attached.

When I try the Magic Wand Tool on the 2 holes of the letters P and R, they disappear, but leaving the letters solid with no holes. How do I attack this?

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Are you talking about that crazy magic wand tool in Illustrator? That's only a ''select by attributes'' tool. It doesn't work like Photoshop's magic wand.

You should learn to use pathfinder. Select those 2 black spots and the background red piece (assuming the red is a compound shape here...) then use Pathfinder Minus front. Should knock those holes through. If it only does one hole, or makes a red letter disappear, do them one at a time.

You could also do this using Object > Path > Compound path > Make, but you do have to do each letter separately most times with that, grabbing one black hole and one red letter.

I'm kinda curious what this looks like in outline mode.

If you are using the majick wand in photoshop, photoshop isn't used to create logos.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-04-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Wolphe and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
        Comment on Flyer Crtitique
        HotButton
        It's just what I call it when people use an expression that actually says or means the opposite of what is intended; ''could care less'' would be another prime example.
        Yesterday, 11:44 PM
      • B
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        B
        That makes sense, I guess. Off is the inverse of on, which makes based off the inverse of based on. Got it. ...
        Yesterday, 08:50 PM
      • B
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        B
        Okay, I know what a colloquialism is, but what is an inverse colloquialism?

Probrien, in addition to HotButton's comments, which I agree with, the ad is a bit confusing. Maybe it's lacking...
        Yesterday, 08:48 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        PrintDriver
        ''Based off'' is inverse of ''based on.'' ''Based on'' is a colloquialism.
        I think.
        I have not had enough to drink to play this game.

o O
        Yesterday, 08:27 PM
      • pobrien
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        pobrien
        Thanks for the feedback. That all makes a lot of sense. I'll take these points and re-work things....
        Yesterday, 04:06 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X