Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone convert this PNG to a Vector (AI file)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone convert this PNG to a Vector (AI file)?

Hi,

I just have the 2 images below, that need converting to an AI file, which can very quickly & easily be done automatically, using the "retrace" function in Adobe Illustrator. Only reason I ask is I no longer have Illustrator myself.

Please remember to preserve the transparent background!

Thanks in advance, images are in the imgur album below;

Last edited by Kool; 07-13-2017, 09:48 AM.

Sorry, but this is a professional forum where it's not permissible to ask for free work. Feel free, however, to post your message in the classified section of the forum, but be sure to include your email address and be prepared to pay for the work that's done.

Comment

Live Trace.
      Blech. More time spent fixing its result than it would take to trace something by hand.

Comment

Hi Big Dawg and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigDawg View Post
          Yes, someone can.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I take paypal!

Comment

MY KNOWLEDGE ON PNG.

Png is a bitmap types. PNG is just what we use in SWF over GIF and web design to make more colorful images without GIF limitations. PNG is not an alternative for TIFF ( even if PNG has more colors ) or RAW types.

However PCX is another format the Illustrator reads as object oriented, but that is going too far back.

However thanks to the power of Streamline ( which has been integrated into every illustrator since CS1 ) you should be able to get a decent edging.

THIS IS WHAT I DO.

Otherwise you will need to be like me and do it by hand ( which is simple ). Pull it into Photoshop and then Illustrator to "Streamline" it and presto you have a vectored your bitmap file. Bare in mind illustrator might have issues in the conversion.

You could cheat and manipulate the intended image if it has the contrast/Aperture in the right area. Then pull into illustrator but that is a lot more work then creating the actual image from scratch.

OTHER RELATED

A tactic somebody did to pull in a photographic object was to reduce each value of color down to a simplistic values and then smooth them out in illustrator ( which I have no idea of how that works. However each portion of the image is actually a different value but spitted.
              Last edited by DanArt; 09-20-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigDawg View Post
                Yes, Of course.

if you are willing to pay someone than he can do this in no time

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MikeTyler
                  Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
                  MikeTyler
                  The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
                  Today, 06:31 PM
                • John G
                  Reply to visually pleasing web design
                  John G
                  Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
                • Thug-D
                  Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
                  Thug-D
                  I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
                  Today, 05:58 PM
                • mirab
                  visually pleasing web design
                  mirab
                  Hello Every buddy
                  What is the best way to learn visually pleasing web design?

Thanks!
                  Today, 05:36 PM
                • Glitchin
                  Reply to Logo Feedback
                  Glitchin
                  These all seem quite generic looking to me, but a lot of people do want these generic looking logos. For me the top one is the best of the lot.

I would adjust the tracking to increase space...
                  Today, 03:37 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X