Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can't open the Illustration. Could not complete the request operation"

Hi everybody,

I worked days on a file and I am having the same problem… I got only a crash report saying :
    Can't open the Illustration. Could not complete the request operation. I did everything suggested about Recovering Scripts till having the “_MyFileName.ai” but still doesn't work.
    The original file has been made using Illustrator CS4 on a Windows. The file is about 350.000 KB. It still has the KB so it seems still containing all the work, but when it comes to open, I just see a sad blank page.

How can I solve this problem???? Pls help me!!!!

Hi Sara and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Try placing it in InDesign (Crt D) and see if you can see the image.

Did you save it in a different fashion the last time it was saved? Maybe down-saved it by mistake?

Comment

I'd try placing it in Illustrator first. Then you have no export/iimport steps.

If that doesn't work, then try the Indesign thing which might be able to read it if it had PDF options turned on when last saved. What you might get may not be what you last left off with, but better than nothing.

My favorite Can-Opener is Lemkesoft's Graphic Converter. If that can't open it, it might tell you where in the data fork the error is occurring, since your file hasn't changed size.

Comment

Thanks for your answers, I tried on Indesign but it says it cannot open the illustration. Lemkesoft's is to purchase, I would like to avoid to buy softwares.

Last time I just saved as always.

Actually when I open the script it contains instructions, so it seems all the info are in there... but I still get this awful blank page.

I tried to open it with the Macbook, through other Illustrator versions, on Adobe Acrobat, on Photoshop..... everything.

Do you have any other idea???

Comment

You can download a trial of the GraphicConverter. You just have to wait for the timer to run down, to use it for free. The timer gets longer every time you try to use it for free. LOL.

I don't know if it will open a bad Illustrator file though.

Have you tried opening it in Acrobat?

Comment

I'm a bit busy at the shop until 5:30PM EST, if you're comfortable e-mailing me the file, I can try to tinker with it a bit tonight.
              Mike_siecinski@yahoo.com. Adobe CC might be able to open it...

Do you work on a Mac? Maybe TimeMachine can recover it in some way?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X