Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lines changing in illustrator when cropping image

hello,

I'm trying to make a repeatable tile in illustrator. I create the tile, create a clipping mask, and then crop in pathfinder. All is fine until I crop it. Once I do this the lines change (see image) . someone suggested cropping the dartboard, but I need the image itself to be cropped or it won't repeat.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi Fchiorando and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I can't tell from that image what your problem is exactly. Can you show a before and after without the paths selected?

I guess I'm not understanding why you are using both a crop and a clipping mask either.

''Dartboard'' is auto-correct for ''artboard?''

Comment

Wait, why are you cropping it? Why not just stick with the clipping mask? Using the crop tool in pathfinder does reduce your shapes to a unified stroke weight.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

If the stroke weight change is the problem, try outlining the strokes first.
          (still not quite seeing it.)

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
            Reply to Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
            HotButton
            Of course there is nothing wrong with using the tools you have available to their best effect. I happen to agree that in your position, Publisher is a good choice. Most pro designers wouldn't know this,...
            Today, 11:57 AM
          • chikisg84
            Hello guys!
            chikisg84
            I just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself. I have a barchelor's degree in graphic design and have been working in the industry and the same job for 13 years now. Lately I've been feeling...
            Today, 11:18 AM
          • B
            Reply to Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
            B
            For layout purposes, Publisher is certainly a step up from MS Word.

Professional designers generally stay away from Publisher because it largely consumer and office software that doesn't...
            Today, 11:15 AM
          • Fuzzy Onion
            Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
            Fuzzy Onion
            I work for a small education company. We produce a number of documents that are then made available for teachers to download via PDF. These are things like worksheets, readings, and instruction guides/user...
            Today, 10:38 AM
          • StudioMonkey
            Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
            StudioMonkey
            Neither Foil nor Varnish are done on a digital press - you would have to get your Business Cards printed Litho. For 100 cards this is always going to be expensive - you could probably get 2000 cards...
            Today, 09:38 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X