Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adobe resellers to expensive, any way around this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe resellers to expensive, any way around this?

Hy there.
    My country is not supported for CC membership (Bosnia and Herzegowina), only trough resellers.
    I've been using Illustrator for 2 years now, and instead of $239 a year for an individual license, I have to pay $359 for a business plan + resellers fee (around $240). I don't need a business plan.
    To sum it up I must pay $599 for a yearly Illustrator subscription. I would rather buy all apps for that price (inc. photoshop, indesign and acrobat is what I need, maybe dreamweaver).
    I don't need to mention that all apps (business plan) + resellers fee cost around ~ $1250 instead of 599$.
    This is just too much. My subscription is over and I don't plan to renew it.

Is there any way around this, anyone experiencing the same issues?
    I have a payoneer master card registered in the U.K. Can I somehow change the IP and create an account from U.K. and using the apps from my country or something?
    I mean there must be some way?

Thanks.

P.S. I posted on adobe forums, no help at all. I doubt that contacting adobe directly will help either.
    Last edited by nikko; 10-24-2017, 07:19 AM.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator
    maybe ask on the Adobe forum, perhaps one of the staff or help there can steer you in the right direction .

Comment

already posted on the forums... I think they don't care actually.

Comment

Have you looked into purchasing a version CS6? That was the last version supplied on disk. It doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles of CC, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you are asking for a workaround to some sort of software embargo, I don't think we can help you.

Comment

Have you looked into the possibility of running a VPN? It would be an extra cost, but the VPN could show the Adobe software that you're actually in another part of the world (UK, France, Germany, US, etc.) And I say it would be an extra cost, there are free VPN options, but IMO you're better off paying for one of the big name services to ensure better reliability and true privacy.

I don't use a VPN for Adobe, but I do use ExpressVPN for the privacy and encryption and as a workaround to getting to my work email (long story). As an added bonus I can use my VPN to access Netflix and TV shows as if I'm in countries.outside of the US.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

You may also have to change your Adobe ID to reflect the country you're "in" if you're using a VPN. More info here.

Comment

Bottom Line, if you're using your credit card that is a UK card, set your VPN up to reflect that you're in the UK, and set your Adobe ID to show that you're in the UK.

<< I make no guarantee that any of this will 100% work, but theoretically it should.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                Have you looked into purchasing a version CS6? That was the last version supplied on disk. It doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles of CC, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you are asking for a workaround to some sort of software embargo, I don't think we can help you.
                Thanks PrintDriver.
                I was thinking about this, but Adobe doesn't sell cs6 anymore. However I can try ebay.

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
                Bottom Line, if you're using your credit card that is a UK card, set your VPN up to reflect that you're in the UK, and set your Adobe ID to show that you're in the UK.

<< I make no guarantee that any of this will 100% work, but theoretically it should.
                Thanks Craig.
                Nice idea and usefull information. Hmm...
                What about the billing information (name, surname, address,city ). I can use a fake address and city but the card contains my name.
                My name and address is already registered on adobe (i purchased through resellers twice), but haven't used the card to purchase.
                I'm not sure if they can get all the information from the card (my real address), since payoneer shipped that card to my address.
                Maybe they just don't care and maybe I will get away with this...
                Let's say step 1 was successful, so I simply change the address after I downloaded and activated the software to Bosnia?
                Can I get in trouble with this?

Comment

Nikko, to be honest. I'm not sure. And I think you'd want to use your name. I'm not sure how the billing address affects things. I know that most of the "big name" VPN providers provide demos that last at least a week. At the very least you could demo the VPN software, "switch" your VPN to the UK and then try to run the CC purchase. If it goes through, and the software downloads and runs ok, then I would think you're good. (I've seen some things that say you may have to set up a completely new Adobe ID, and that apparently Adobe ID's don't let you "switch" countries very easily. But, then again, it might let you switch.

Comment

Oh, and I'm no lawyer. As far as whether you could get in trouble possibly? There has to be some reason (I assume) that Adobe does not allow for the simple purchase and download of Adobe CC in various countries. Perhaps it has to do with those countries laws and regulations, etc.

Comment

Thanks again.
                      Well, I just try it.
                      If something goes wrong I can purchase cs6 and stick with it at least 3,4 years.

Comment

Well I haven't tried the vpn method, neither have I purchased cs6.
                        i just bought affinity designer - some basic vector editing software, lots of features missing, really slow to work with... idk. well it's not affinity, i lost my will and motivation.
                        i do a job i hate, and can't quit because the unemployed rate is amongst the highest on the world. chances you find another job equals zero.
                        the montly loan is enough to survive.
                        this should be motivation enough to develop a decent designer career over the net, doesn't work for me. i'm not getting stronger because of the circumstances, i just fall into depression. this has slowly developed over the years and reached a critical stage.
                        my last chance is to migrate to germany and find a job there. wish me luck

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X