Looking for a way to export a list of RGB values for 40+ photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a way to export a list of RGB values for 40+ photos

I'm looking for a quick way to export the dominant rgb values in over 40 photographs. I'm hoping to get a spreadsheet of these values.
    The slow way, as I see it, involves opening in Photoshop, using the color picker, viewing the color, typing or copy/paste the values into a spreadsheet.
    The photographs are of different textures that are dominated by one color (not portraits or scenery of any kind). The values are intended to be used in a sort of auto-rendering software.
    At the very least, I'm hoping to find a way speed the process with automated actions.
    I'm open to any suggestions that will make this project go faster!

Hi Temills and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Maybe something like this would help: http://lokeshdhakar.com/projects/color-thief/

YOu'd have to test and see.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

If, as you suggest, there's an obviously dominant color in each photo, I don't see it taking all that long to do it manually -- perhaps 10 or 15 minutes.

Just open all the photos, click the eyedropper tool (that you've preset to sample whatever pixel number average you need), pick the color, open the color pallette, copy the hex value (which will already be selected), paste it into a word processor (spreadsheet or whatever), close the photo and repeat with all the subsequent photos. Easy, I think. Now if you need to copy the specific RGB values instead of hexadecimal numbers, it'll take longer.

Comment

There are quite a few Javascript libraries that can extract, average or select dominant colors of an image. If you have any knowledge of Javascript, you can use one of those and parse the dominant colors as a CSV. You wouldn't even need a web server. You could run it in a browser on your local machine and it would take seconds.
          "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X