Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D in Illustrator CS6

Good morning, all GDF'ers -
    Always THE place to go for the best know-how!
    I have an Illustrator file that the client wants me to make into a 3D rendering. I've attached the file. Never have done 3D and don't even know if this is even possible in Illy?
    Thanks for the help!!
    People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

File attachment probably won't work here. Best you can do is post it to a Dropbox or something, then post a link here. Illustrator's 3D features are very rudimentary, and geared mostly toward "extruding" or "revolving" basic paths to produce simple 3D objects, subsequently with the ability to map other artwork to their surfaces. Even without seeing your file, I strongly doubt it can produce the result your client seeks, unless it's made up strictly of cones, spheres, and cubes. Even then, it would be a cumbersome series of tasks. I'd say this very likely calls for true 3D modeling.
    I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Here is a dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv1sy2wtoe...e%20-3.ai?dl=0
      Last edited by KitchWitch; 11-16-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: fixed link
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

This is starting to tick me off! I can't post a link to dropbox!

Comment

• KitchWitch
          KitchWitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I fixed it for you. Copy the link path into the body of the post. As you've seen, the forum doesn't play well with links.

• rickself
          rickself commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, KitchWitch!

Dropbox link is not working, I give…

Comment

I give up on dropbox. Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by rickself View Post
            This is starting to tick me off! I can't post a link to dropbox!
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmf54ckd2e...%20-3.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Here is the ai file:
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv1sy2wtoe...e%20-3.ai?dl=0

Comment

You could try using Adobe Dimension … I played with it for about an hour when it was first released as ... some other name which escapes me. But, you may want to give it a try and see if it does what you're expecting. It looks like you're doing a simple "box" so it probably can handle it fine.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

As you're using SC6 and not CC, Illustrator is still a great tool for making non PSD mock ups. I use Illy all the time for pretty good basic mock ups. Your sleeve will be super simple to reproduce as 4 symbols mapped over an extruded rectangle. you can make the symbols as easily as screen shotting them and dragging them into the symbol box.
                  The Dimension mock up app is pretty nice though if you are making plastic milk bottles or 20 sided dice. It takes all that pesky learning out of using blender or some 3D program.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                    Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                    StudioMonkey
                    Neither Foil nor Varnish are done on a digital press - you would have to get your Business Cards printed Litho. For 100 cards this is always going to be expensive - you could probably get 2000 cards...
                    Today, 09:38 AM
                  • natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?
                    natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]Hello everybody![/COLOR]

I've just made my new website for the great opera singer. What do you think?...
                    Today, 03:16 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to The right typography
                    mishulikes
                    With body text, one tends to want use a simple serif for easier reading. Like B and PrintDriver have said, who is reading the magazine and even the genre of the content will dictate the typeface. I used...
                    Today, 01:13 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to Please critique my jazz poster
                    mishulikes
                    Coloring can make or break a piece. Jazz tends to be a moody, soulful music. The lime green does not fit that moody feel and it might have been better if you pushed you color scheme a bit further to add...
                    Today, 12:59 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to Hello All!
                    mishulikes
                    Thank you, KitchWitch!
                    Today, 12:13 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X