Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    Yes, I'm leaning that way now. Still percolating both ideas though… Thanks!
    Today, 02:51 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    Good point…thanks!
    Today, 02:50 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to InDesign data merge advice…
    Designia
    I think what Kerning pointed out should ultimately be the deciding factor as the page numbering needs to make sense when it's combined with the other documents. Personally I think I'd use 4 separate documents....
    Today, 02:35 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to BAND LOGO HELP
    seamas
    They want simplistic or simple?

To my mind there is a significant difference, but that's just me.

What have you sketched out so far?...
    Today, 02:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Getting into graphic design
    PrintDriver
    Another note on color modes: There are some printers and there is one print process that actually use the RGB color mode. But it is vendor specific.

The best advice regarding color modes...
    Today, 02:07 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasterizing in InDesign?

Is there a way to rasterize a colored text box in InDesign? When I try to print, the colors are really messed up...kind of like in Illustrator if you print without rasterizing first. I've also exported it to a PDF and got the same results.

Thanks,
    Shane

You could rasterise your pdf in photoshop, but if the pdf is bad then it may look bad there too. If you're printing to a postcript printer you may get bad results if your file is not set up correctly. make sure all your colour setting are correct etc..

Comment

Can you be more specific about the colors being messed up? I've never rasterized anything before I print out of Illy. And the colors are fine.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Basically when I print, the color isn't even remotely close to what it's supposed to be. I'm pretty sure that my color settings are fine but maybe not. It is being sent to a PS printer, maybe that's where the problem is.

Comment

But rasterizing helps the color problem? I've just never heard of that. It sounds like something needs to be tweaked in your printer settings.

Comment

Also, the photos that are placed in the indesign file print fine. It's just vector art from Illy and colored text boxes in indesign that print wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
              But rasterizing helps the color problem? I've just never heard of that. It sounds like something needs to be tweaked in your printer settings.
              Yeah, if I rasterize the vector art and then place it in the indesign file it prints fine.

Comment

Like I said, it sounds like something needs to be tweaked with printer settings. Rasterizing vector art completely defeats the purpose.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Are the pre-rasterized colors spot colors?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X