Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is an issue where you have to open Illy first and then use the File>Open option to open the file.
    GNP @ work

Comment

That's pretty much what I do now, Graphix. Although I can double click on the file in the Finder and see it, provided Illy's already running.

Very bizarre, I say. Plus, it's not something that only happens occasionally, it's pretty consistent.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I think it is in Illy's coding you get a "hang" and it wont open completely. Thus if Illy is running and you open using Finder it works. There may be a fix or update on Adobe's site.

Adobe is pretty good about "pre-loading into memory" everything that is required prior to opening a file (font lists, swatches, patches, etc), the newer Creative Suite versions seem to lack the ability to do so in a uniform manner and tries to open the file before the necesarry background operations have completed.

Micro$hit also has issues with this and it could be a bleed over into the Mac platform.
        GNP @ work

Comment

It's open, I just can't see it.

Comment

New glasses??

I still think its a hang in there...
            GNP @ work

Comment

I was kidding, you're probably right.

Comment

Thank you!
                Idesyns

When I grow up, I want to be just like you!

Comment

hey these are great! Thanks! i'm new to ilustrator still trying to work my way round it and these will come ijn handy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                    hey these are great! Thanks! i'm new to ilustrator still trying to work my way round it and these will come ijn handy!
                    Kel,

This is a great thread, but since your new to Illy I would suggest ordering or finding at your local book store or even library; a copy of Illustrator XX (whichever version you have) For Dummies. Its an easy to follow book and teaches all the basics.

Also the Adobe Illustrator Classroom In A Book is great to learn with... it comes with a CD with lesson files on it that you can practise and learn with. Its the official Adobe training workbook.
                    GNP @ work

Comment

yeah ill look for those thanx

Comment

A really helpful video link on the appearance palette Craig B found.

Comment

This video was really good !

Comment

Keyboard Shortcuts for efficient use of pen tool - http://vector-art.blogspot.com/2008/...shortcuts.html

Comment

Converting point type to area type

If you’re opening a file that has all the text as point text (like say from a PDF) and you want to convert it to area text, marquee select the individual text objects, copy, then draw a new text frame, and with the text tool still selected, hit paste. It should flow all your separate text objects into the text frame. You might have to put some word spaces back in afterwards.

Great for working with PDF's that have to be edited in Illustrator.

Comment

oooh nice one Urst!
                                "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X