Indesign: unlock masterpage elements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesign: unlock masterpage elements

How do you unlock the master items in the regular document?

Thanks

command-shift and click the object on mac and control-shift click on pc.

Comment

Or go to the tip arrow on the pages palette and detach all objects from Master.

Comment

If you do it tZ's way the unlocked items can still be modified via the Master
        Page, which can be very handy if a common element has to be shifted later
        in the project.

Comment

Thats the one Tz, thanks.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, and when a designer sends me different size layouts on multipage doc setups, sometimes you have to page em out one at a time without the master elements. I forget sometimes that a sledgehammer is not always the best way to proceed.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
              Reply to Help me?
              HotButton
              I understand that when you're new to this, it feels like you must take whatever work you can get, and swallow all the crap that comes with it. But it's actually just the opposite. This is a toxic relationship....
              Yesterday, 03:00 PM
            • ellisgraphics
              Reply to Help me?
              ellisgraphics
              Ya I gave him my thoughts on the color choice, and font choice but he's determined that it's my fault it doesn't look good I've done 3 revisions so far and every one of them is almost completely diff...
              Yesterday, 01:56 PM
            • BlueCrab
              Reply to Why do designers use twitter?
              BlueCrab
              Also just to address your OP more specifically, Twitter vs a forum.

On twitter I can message someone I know and ask for a crit or fresh set of eyes. On a forum I can post that same message,...
              Yesterday, 01:53 PM
            • PSteel
              Comment on What is this form of artwork called?
              PSteel
              Thank you seamas. If I were posting a job listing for this type of work, would it say something like "Looking for vintage / retro style linoleum cut print illustrations artist" and...
              Yesterday, 01:25 PM
            • BlueCrab
              Reply to Why do designers use twitter?
              BlueCrab
              It's another social media app that allows you to connect with people, in some ways it's easier than others. Its one more way to market yourself, and people have gotten plenty of work off twitter alone....
              Yesterday, 01:23 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X