Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How do I allocate more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator? Please Help! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Happy Halloween!!!!
    kemingMatters
    That reminds me of a Newfy joke lol
    Today, 04:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I allocate more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator? Please Help!

I have a G4 with OS 10.1.5. I am getting error messages while going back and forth between Phootshop and Illustrator that there is not enough memory. Sometimes this makes Photoshop crash, which is very fustrating and sometimes it just doesn't let me do what i want, like placing a file or even copying a file from Illustrator to Photoshop. I can't figure out for the life of me where to allocate more memory to these programs. I am using Photoshop 6 and Illustrator 9, which are both running out of Classic. Please help!

'It's all happening!'

denver doll (we must come up with a shorter nick name for you) I had this problem a long time ago and I can't remember how to do it but I do remember that I typed memory into the help and it came right up. Sorry I'm at home and the Mac is at work.

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

Comment

denver - if you open Photoshop and go in your menu to Photoshop>preferances>memory & image cache>memory usage...it will allow you to change the amount of memory that you allocate to Photoshop.

Illustrator doesn't seem to work the same way which is kinda odd...so I am not sure how to allocate more memory to it.

Anyways,..hope that helps some P

Boobie Island or Bust!
      I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

found lots of good info here, but not what i needed: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317280.html

for some reason in Photoshop 6 there is no memory option under Preferences. but there is Image Cache, and i just found out what the hay that was.

Kool- call me 'DD' its easier and shorter. or you can call me Lizz, since its my name. thanks for the Help suggestion. for some reason mine s not working....

DZine- not there, see above, thanks for the attempt to help though. i think i might have to close OSX and restart in OS 9. and go to About this computer... so here i go.

'It's all happening!'

Comment

Can't call you DD, we already have one. But lizz is good. [img]/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

Comment

With Classic running, close Photoshop and Illustrator.
            Find the actual application within its folder on your hard drive.
            Click on it only once.
            Hit CMD+I
            See the memory tip arrow? Tip it open and set your memory requirements just like you used to in OS9.
            Restart Photoshop and Illustrator.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Yeah what PD said....for some reason I didn't realize you were runnin in classic ;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!
              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X