Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• alexthefourth
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    alexthefourth
    what would you suggest to make it easier to read?
    Today, 10:33 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    salsa
    While I CAN read it, it's not the easiest thing to read. I'm young-ish and have 20/20 vision with my contacts. A lot of people with less than perfect vision are going to struggle with this.
    Today, 10:06 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    <b>
    It took me a few seconds of looking before I saw the SB in the logo. Instead, I focused right in on the white shape, which, to me, looks sort of like the ghost of Mickey Mouse or, maybe, the torso of...
    Today, 08:50 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Paper Bags
    kemingMatters
    Location can make a huge difference, where are you located?

Are you okay with off-shoring?

Was it Macy's that had some note crazy about the horrible working conditions tucked...
    Today, 08:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Tablet+phone combo
    kemingMatters
    A friend of mine swears by HTC, they were still more expensive than google's (LG's) Nexus5 which has similar specs. If you go the nexus route I suggest that you buy directly from the googe, in Canada...
    Today, 08:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing autocrop in Illustrator??

Hello, Every time I create an image in AI, I save it out as a gif (client requested) and when I open the gif, the file has cropped in around the image. So, say if I set my document size at 5x6, that info is discarded and the doc size is whatever the size of the drawn object. Any way to prevent auto cropping? Or do I have to open all ai images in Photoshop and make the size dimensions there?

Thanks for any help!

Why are you drawing outside your page margins? Just make your document larger, or don't draw outside the lines..
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

I assume you're using Illy's "Save to Web?"

If so, in the left column, there's a series of tabs (Color Table/Image Size/Layers). Click on the "Image Size" tab. At the bottom of that tab is a "Clip to Artboard" checkbox. I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for.

Comment

If your using an older version of Illy... say 9 for example... create a box with no fill and no border the size you want to export around the illustration. This will leave the outline in the file and export to that dimention.
        GNP @ work

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Hewligan, you are a life saver! This IS exactly what I was looking for!!!
          No more auto crop where I don't need it!
          Thanks a TON!

Comment

Yup. That used to bug the heck out of me too until I found the "Clip to artboard" last year.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B
              Yup. That used to bug the heck out of me too until I found the "Clip to artboard" last year.
              You're doing better than me, then. I only figured it out a few months ago. They don't exactly make it obvious, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by GraphixNPrint
                If your using an older version of Illy... say 9 for example... create a box with no fill and no border the size you want to export around the illustration. This will leave the outline in the file and export to that dimention.
                I still use this when copying from Illustrator into Photoshop. Don't shoot me, sometimes it's gotta be done.
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Me too Urst. But I didn't know about the hidden scripts until yesterday...

Comment

Having fun with the scripts, PD? I have to say there are a few I use ALL the time!

Comment

having fun? well... it makes my day go faster.
                      Now someone just has to tell me if I can assign keyboard commands to them and I will be one happy clam.

Comment

Yup, that'd be teh bomb all right. I haven't a clue if it's possible, however.

Comment

OK, I cant find these scripts here on this machine... shhh... I haven't upgraded since illy 9 on this one... is that why I cant find them??
                          GNP @ work

Comment

What version are you using now, Graphix? They actually don't come as part of the standard install, they're on the install disk, or you can find them online (try InDesign Secrets). I think PD's talking about the InDesign scripts by the way. There was a reference to them in another thread yesterday (forgot which one). If you're interested I can dig it up.

Comment

Sorry GNP, we're a little off topic. Illy doesn't really have scripts. It does have Actions. We were referring to an InD thread from yesterday about hidden scripts in CS3. I was just adding to Urst's statement that I agreed with her but maybe I amn't the best judge of the easiest way to do something.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X