X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inserting images into indesign-- blurry

I've tried saving my files in photoshop in several different formats, but every time I place them into indesign they appear blurry and distorted. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm saving the images at 300 dpi.

check and make sure you are viewing them in "high res" mode in indesign.
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Under view > display performance it's on high quality. I don't see any high res mode option anywhere.

Comment

psd, tif, or eps should work (depending on your printer's preference.
        Are you enlarging them in Indesign?

Comment

I'm assuming you're placing them in InDesign at full size (i.e. not scaling them up in InDesign.)

I'd recommend TIF, maybe JPEG, or PSD format.

In InDesign. When you click on the placed image and open the info palette what do the "actual ppi" and "effective ppi" say?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Yeah, I'm placing them as tiffs. I've also tried PSD and high quality jpeg.

The ppi says-- actual, 300x300 and effective, 300x300.

Here's a screen shot of how blurry it looks. When I export it it's even blurrier too.

100% view

300% view

how it should look view

Comment

Craig B...
              Jpg?
              I don't think that's a very good idea...

I don't see what you mean by blurry.
              Is the artwork originally vector?
              Why not import as .ai or .eps rather than going through PS?

Comment

Compare the actual to the one above, the jagged edges and distorted text are pretty terrible looking. I suppose distorted is the right word, but when exported at maximum quality it becomes blurry.

Comment

I suggest importing as a vector - i.e. .ai or .eps

that way when the size is changed of the images in indesign your changing them by a percentage rather than an amount of pixels...
                  Hi, I go by the name PhotoshopRuss - but not THE PhotoshopRuss

Comment

I only mentioned jpeg PD because a lot of stock houses already provide their images as jpegs and if you're only going in and changing color mode it might be okay to keep as jpeg. Personally, I never use jpeg. I certainly wasn't recommending it, but I could see it being used.

Other than that ditto on leaving it vector if it is vector. (which it looks like it is).

Comment

(which it looks like it is)
                      or atleast it should be - we hope
                      Hi, I go by the name PhotoshopRuss - but not THE PhotoshopRuss

Comment

True.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X