Un-embed in Illustrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-embed in Illustrator

Is there a way to un-embed an image in Illustrator like you can in InDesign?

Do you have the image?
    Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
      Do you have the image?
      Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.
      No it was only submitted to me already embedding in the EPS.

Comment

I don't believe so... I struggle with this all the time with our designers. If you find a way, LET ME KNOW!!!!
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

My workaround

I copy the image from the artwork and pasted into a new doc. Then opened the document into PS and saved a TIFF. Relinked to TIFF in Illy. Seemed to work fine without shifting or resizing.

If there is any danger of this please let me know.

Comment

A danger other than not knowing the original resolution of the image?
            You could always make a PDF and extract the images in Acrobat and relink them.

Comment

I just clicked on the image and viewed the doc. info to check pixel dimensions and resolution before I opened it in Photoshop.

I like the PDF route better. I'll try that one instead.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                Reply to Portfolio Question!
                PrintDriver
                If you are talking about a portfolio you have in a case and take with you to interviews where you will be doing a presentation of the work, a written blurb is not needed.

If you are talking...
                Today, 07:04 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Souq White Friday Campaign
                PrintDriver
                I guess I'm sort of confused. If Friday is a day of religious observance, aren't you going to run into a little bit of pushback on this?

Are you targeting the traditional type of Christmas...
                Today, 06:58 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to question about powerpoint custom slide sizing
                PrintDriver
                Your ppi is dependent on your print method.
                Where are you going to get a 142cm (56") square image printed? And on what?
                What is your final output purpose? Fine art or a short term poster?...
                Today, 06:56 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Please critique my work
                PrintDriver
                As far as stock is concerned, what works and what doesn't is entirely up to the project at hand.
                Do I like any of these better than the others? Sure. But what gets used isn't up to what I like....
                Today, 06:51 PM
              • zurichluck
                Reply to question about powerpoint custom slide sizing
                zurichluck
                thanks KitchWitch, very much appreciate your help as always. yes i see!

i would like to ask another question, which is at least 5 times less stupid than the last one. i am (eventually) going...
                Today, 06:50 PM

Incredible Stock
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X