Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• JJSilver
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    JJSilver
    Here's something that will really make your head spin. Not only do I not turn over rejected ideas to the client - but those rejected ideas can be used for other clients. I remember what a very respected...
    Today, 11:22 PM
  • JJSilver
    Reply to How can I place 30 seperate quotes into one poster while still acheiving a nice look?
    JJSilver
    Hello, Amanda! You don't mention whether or not the quotes will be the poster or just on the poster. In other words, are you trying to incorporate other elements into the mix? It also helps to know the...
    Today, 10:59 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Magab

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 08:59 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hello. sFear here! :D
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF sFear

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 08:58 PM
  • rtk3tt
    Reply to Avoid borders when printing?
    rtk3tt
    When working with out bleeds I try to incorporate the margin into the artwork. I do my best to make the margin an element of the design so it looks like the margin was intentional. Sometimes I will leave...
    Today, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-embed in Illustrator

Is there a way to un-embed an image in Illustrator like you can in InDesign?

Do you have the image?
    Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
      Do you have the image?
      Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.
      No it was only submitted to me already embedding in the EPS.

Comment

I don't believe so... I struggle with this all the time with our designers. If you find a way, LET ME KNOW!!!!
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

My workaround

I copy the image from the artwork and pasted into a new doc. Then opened the document into PS and saved a TIFF. Relinked to TIFF in Illy. Seemed to work fine without shifting or resizing.

If there is any danger of this please let me know.

Comment

A danger other than not knowing the original resolution of the image?
            You could always make a PDF and extract the images in Acrobat and relink them.

Comment

I just clicked on the image and viewed the doc. info to check pixel dimensions and resolution before I opened it in Photoshop.

I like the PDF route better. I'll try that one instead.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X