X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-embed in Illustrator

Is there a way to un-embed an image in Illustrator like you can in InDesign?

Do you have the image?
    Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
      Do you have the image?
      Relink it with 'embed' unchecked.
      No it was only submitted to me already embedding in the EPS.

Comment

I don't believe so... I struggle with this all the time with our designers. If you find a way, LET ME KNOW!!!!
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

My workaround

I copy the image from the artwork and pasted into a new doc. Then opened the document into PS and saved a TIFF. Relinked to TIFF in Illy. Seemed to work fine without shifting or resizing.

If there is any danger of this please let me know.

Comment

A danger other than not knowing the original resolution of the image?
            You could always make a PDF and extract the images in Acrobat and relink them.

Comment

I just clicked on the image and viewed the doc. info to check pixel dimensions and resolution before I opened it in Photoshop.

I like the PDF route better. I'll try that one instead.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X