Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PDF: Entire page is a link to next page...how do I turn this off? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font...
    lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font - The L is the problem

Ok so Montague Script is the font except the F thats Hiatus both by the same designer Stephen Rapp

Today, 11:02 PM
  • it52
    Reply to Logo Design for upscale eyeglass store
    it52
    Thanks for clarifying.

I guess for me I've done logotypes before so a part of me wanted to do something different for myself but I realize I was too focused on one idea and not letting it...
    Today, 10:51 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    What sorts of things can be associated with eye care? Actual things, like eye charts and tears? More abstract things, like clarity and focus? Or maybe even concepts like beauty and style? There are lots...
    Today, 09:42 PM
  • it52
    it52
    I have noticed other logos used an eye but I thought the way I used the P and S made it stand out among it's competition. I chose avant garde because I thought it wouldn't look dated. I'm curious why...
    Today, 09:13 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    Using Avant Garde type might have been a route to looking upscale back in the 1970s, but today it mostly looks dated.

Making an eye out of the P & S is a nice idea, but until I read your...
    Today, 09:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF: Entire page is a link to next page...how do I turn this off?

I have setup buttons on the page to go back and forth. I do not want the customer to be able to click on the page (anywhere) and have it go to the next page. Is there a way to turn this function off without turning the other links on the page off? Seems to only be effective in "full screen" mode. Please help!! Thanks!!!

When I die, I have a free ride to Heaven! I will have alreadydone my time in Hell...at the local printshop!!

Which version of Acrobat are you in? I'm in 5 and I don't automatically get a 'next page' when in fullscreen. Could there be a page action inside the PDF you're working with that's been coded to do this? Or are you talking about Fullscreen with the menu showing? That's handled by the DocumentProperties/Open Options settings. You can shut off the menu, the tolbars, and the Window Controls from there. Unless they know the F keys to bring them back the reader is left clicking hopelessly like some pre-conditioned pigeon escaped from a Skinner box.

Just as an aside, you can create an empty form field button with Visibility on and place it above the links you want to 'disconnect' but below your page turning ones.

Post Edited (Broacher) : 11/1/2004 3:44:35 PM GMT

Comment

I am working with Version 6. When you click anywhere on the page it goes to the next page. I was hoping to shut this off so they have to use the buttons to move from page to page or section to section. It's not a huge problem but just was something I was hoping I could shut off.

My 27 years of wisdom has revealed... children=cat food, printshops=hell and people suck!
      Guess I know it all now?!

Comment

In version 5's Preferences, under Full Screen, there's navigation switches on top including one that says, "Advance on any click". I presume the same thing is going on with Acr6, only.... I don't know how you can get a PDF to automatically shut this off when it launches. Hmmm.

Something to investigate though. Thanks.

Hold on, here it is. You create a PageAction on PageOpen for the page you want to shut this off on, and select JavaScript, and add this line (or append it, if you already have an action):

app.fs.clickAdvances=false;

==============================

This shuts off that feature. (But NOT, the PageDown key, btw).

It works in Acrobat 5 too.

Post Edited (Broacher) : 11/1/2004 6:49:02 PM GMT

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X