No announcement yet.

Illustrator CS crash

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator CS crash

Hello everybody, I am glad to join the community here and hopefully I will find answers to my questions [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

I've installed the Adobe Illustrator CS recently, on my Windows XP machine and having issues with it, since it crashes whenever I draw couple of things.
    If you don't know what I am talking about, Illustrator starts to blink and end up with white screen and can't do anything, i.e. press on any navigation button or use any tool.
    I am quite concerned as I had Illustrator 10 before and *never* had any problems with it.

So, maybe someone out there would know how to fix my problem and give me some tips to do so.

Thanks in advance, appreciate your help [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

This is a user to user forum. Adobe doesn't read your hard drive.

Seems the main gyst of this adobe thread is, are you using a system other than English?
    Check it out.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude (bigger than a proofer, LOL). His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Thanks PrintDriver. I think the issue is fixed thanks to you.
      I am currently using a non-english system, so I had the settings set up to use Russian in programs not supporting Unicode.
      It's strange though, I can't see how Adobe could overlook this, I never had problems with earlier versions, I guess now I will have to change system settings every time I need them
      Thanks once again for a quick reply [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

Latest Topics

• Vaudoux
        Got a job in an advertising agency and it's... extremely boring?
        I've studied design for 3 years and had freelance clients here and there before. I just got my first actual job as a designer after being on the job market for about a year without any success.
        Today, 04:50 AM
      • Red Kittie Kat
        Reply to Someone experienced in Pinterest here?
        Red Kittie Kat
        As far as I can see you can only sort your own boards. There is no way to sort or save boards you follow.
        Today, 12:51 AM
      • ohqpi
        Christmas Advice! Wacom Intuos Pro
        Hi guys,

I am in need of some advice for my sisters christmas present. She is a graphic designer & I really want to get her a gift that she will love and helps her with her work. So...
        Yesterday, 10:54 PM
      • B
        Reply to Questions
        Hi Jynx, and welcome to the GDF forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give all new forum members.
        Yesterday, 10:44 PM
      • Jynx
        I have been looking for an art community that has Graphic design contests & photomanipulation battles. I am hoping this is the place i am looking for since deviant art has become a place to post art...
        Yesterday, 08:43 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us