Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Vector Edges are Choppy when copying from Illustrator to InDesign Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to where is a good place to get foil business cards done?
    PrintDriver
    Where in the world might you be located?

Also, if in the US, do you have a reseller's tax ID so you can get wholesale pricing (if sales tax on goods is required in your state)?
    Today, 04:48 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Catalog Design
    kemingMatters
    OOPS, I didn't even notice that it was in the web design forum... Stupid not allowed to have caffeine right now...
    Today, 04:33 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Catalog Design
    <b>
    Since this is in the "Web Design" forum, are we talking about an online catalog or print?
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • berbes
    where is a good place to get foil business cards done?
    berbes
    i have a new client who wants foiled business cards (for their logo). they told me the price they got from their old GD was 13 cents per card @ 10k, but that is about the best price i can get before markup....
    Today, 02:23 PM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    I see. I guess I was too worried that if I used a thicker type face, it will compete with the name too much. I could definitely try though....
    Today, 02:20 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector Edges are Choppy when copying from Illustrator to InDesign

Hello,

I am trying to copy a vector drawing from Illustrator to InDesign. When I copy it over to InDesign, the drawing becomes choppy. Also, when I save it as a pdf or try to print it, it looks choppy.

I already have the anti-aliasing in the Preferences turned on, so I don't understand what is causing this.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

-Chris

Are you using FILE > PLACE... in Indesign, or are you dragging and dropping from Illy in to Indy?

First method good, second method bad. It would also help us to know what version of InDesign you're using and what operating system.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thank you for all your suggestions.

I am still not sure why it isn't showing up as crisp in InDesign but I figured out that there was some sort of problem with Acrobat which went way and now it appears correctly as a pdf.

I am thoroughly confused why my acrobat was not working correctly and now it is, but it is fixed.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Not sure this is the problem if only the edges look blurry, but are you displaying the image in InDesign as "high quality"?

Select one of your pictures placed in InDesign, then go to the Object menu > Display Performance > then select High Quality Display.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

If it's an Acrobat problem, I know that if you don't have 'smooth line art' ticked in your preferences it displays jagged edges sometimes.

Comment

I'll bet Morea's idea was the solution.
            "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

I bet on Moreas idea as well!
              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X