No announcement yet.

InDesign CS4 Data merge issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign CS4 Data merge issue

When I merge, (having checked the 'remove blank fields' option), gaps still appear where the fields are blank. Having googled it, I've discovered other people have had the same problem, and it appears to happen wherever there are two blank fields in a row. There's no way I can rearrange the data (it's an address) to ensure two blank fields aren't together.

Having said this, has anyone had the same problem, and is there a workaround for it? Or any ideas to try?

I don't do data mergers at all but this video is good but it's CS3 - still might help though

And the guy will answer any questions if you leave a comment. I think.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Latest Topics

• BlueCrab
      Reply to Looking for mentor
      Calebninja: Sorry my post was not meant to attack your criticisms on youtube tutorials and blogs, but more so to spark the question as to the resources available to make a designer better outside of school....
      Today, 03:02 PM
    • calebninja

I can only speak for myself but I was responding to learning design from a blog and YouTube videos. There was never mention of well known design books, workshops, case studies,...
      Today, 02:34 PM
    • BlueCrab
      I've seen that a lot of the professionals on this forum put a heavy emphasis on schooling (rightfully so). However outside a handful of very good schools I think some would be surprised at how the majority...
      Today, 12:58 PM
    • B
      Reply to How can I create this text effect?
      Just a slightly off-topic observation, but the artwork in question is a great example of how complicated, hard-to-produce effects don't necessarily add up to good design.
      Today, 10:48 AM
    • Craig B
      Reply to Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features
      Craig B
      I've seen some people put together some pretty decent graphs/charts, etc. through Power BI ... maybe, MAYBE, that would work.
      Today, 09:16 AM

Incredible Stock
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings