Converting Stroke to Outline???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Stroke to Outline???

I would like to convert the path below containing dashes & gaps to individual objects. (Each "tread" an individual object)

I've tried Object/Path/Outline Stroke. That only turns the entire path to one solid outline.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Illustrator? Then use object>Expand Apperance.

Comment

Thanks Mickey...

Expand Appearance is grayed out.

Comment

Did you try the above after outlining path?

other wise having outlined path already

try object>clipping mask> release or
        object>compound path>release

----------------------------------------------------------------
        hand : ollie@ollielindsey.co.uk
        eye : www.ollielindsey.co.uk
        mouth : 07966 160983
        ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

AI doesn't seem to Expand dashed strokes. If you have CorelDraw, you can import/open it there because it does.

Another way is to Export the object as a WMF out of AI and then Place this back in. If you have rounded caps, these get dropped, but you can add them back again. Oh, and watch out for the WMF RGB space conversion.

Comment

Hold the phone.

I'm in AI10, and just discovered that using the 'Flatten Transparency' function with Vector at 100 and 'Convert all Strokes to Outlines' on works great for this situation.

Comment

Broacher, thank you, man.
              I been looking for that for a while. Now why didn't I try Flatten. It's right there just asking to be tried. Don't know what's happened to my sense of adventure.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Hey Broacher,

A million thanks... worked perfectly. I needed to get rid of the top half of the track. Just had to ungroup, select and delete. I'm no expert by any means, but I would never have thought of 'transparency' as having anything to do with this problem. <G> Thanks again.

Thanks Ollie,

Clipping mask/Release was grayed out. I had tried Compound path/Release after Stroke to Outline, that just created two solid objects. But it was worth a try.

I do use Corel 10 and I will still try the other suggestions just to see if they work... if they do, I'll add them to my growing list of new ways to skin cats.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                  Reply to OCD habbits?
                  StudioMonkey
                  I like to line things up - on screen, on my desk, in the cupboards etc. Also I never place things in say InDesign at a random position - it has to be at say 10mm or 10.25, 10.5 etc.
                  Today, 05:07 AM
                • david19922
                  Reply to Logo Design for my company
                  david19922
                  if your company deals in leather items, then you must use the leather feeling into the logo, which simple entails your business, One thing is good that using the map of africa in a background, other then...
                  Today, 04:23 AM
                • Robbyjhb
                  Logo Design for my company
                  Robbyjhb
                  Hi Guys

I have attached 4 logo concepts for my personal company, the company brands leather items as well as hot foil stamps invitations diaries notebooks ect, we are based in South Africa...
                  Today, 03:30 AM
                • B
                  Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
                  B
                  I'd normally let these kinds of things go as a matter of opinion, but in this case, with people recommending vBulletin, I need to say something.

Quite likely the worst so-called upgrade in...
                  Yesterday, 07:39 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Heatmap help
                  B
                  If by combine, you mean overlay them on top of each other while preserving and combining the red areas of both, yes, Photoshop can easily do it -- at least in this particular instance with these two images....
                  Yesterday, 07:11 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X