Converting Stroke to Outline???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Stroke to Outline???

I would like to convert the path below containing dashes & gaps to individual objects. (Each "tread" an individual object)

I've tried Object/Path/Outline Stroke. That only turns the entire path to one solid outline.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Illustrator? Then use object>Expand Apperance.

Comment

Thanks Mickey...

Expand Appearance is grayed out.

Comment

Did you try the above after outlining path?

other wise having outlined path already

try object>clipping mask> release or
        object>compound path>release

----------------------------------------------------------------
        hand : ollie@ollielindsey.co.uk
        eye : www.ollielindsey.co.uk
        mouth : 07966 160983
        ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

AI doesn't seem to Expand dashed strokes. If you have CorelDraw, you can import/open it there because it does.

Another way is to Export the object as a WMF out of AI and then Place this back in. If you have rounded caps, these get dropped, but you can add them back again. Oh, and watch out for the WMF RGB space conversion.

Comment

Hold the phone.

I'm in AI10, and just discovered that using the 'Flatten Transparency' function with Vector at 100 and 'Convert all Strokes to Outlines' on works great for this situation.

Comment

Broacher, thank you, man.
              I been looking for that for a while. Now why didn't I try Flatten. It's right there just asking to be tried. Don't know what's happened to my sense of adventure.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Hey Broacher,

A million thanks... worked perfectly. I needed to get rid of the top half of the track. Just had to ungroup, select and delete. I'm no expert by any means, but I would never have thought of 'transparency' as having anything to do with this problem. <G> Thanks again.

Thanks Ollie,

Clipping mask/Release was grayed out. I had tried Compound path/Release after Stroke to Outline, that just created two solid objects. But it was worth a try.

I do use Corel 10 and I will still try the other suggestions just to see if they work... if they do, I'll add them to my growing list of new ways to skin cats.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• SniffySlug
                  Seeking Help on 123Design Project.
                  SniffySlug
                  I need to adjust the thickness of the inside in order to print the object but now I can't figure out how to increase the inside. its currently .4mm and it needs to be .7 or .8. I have tried the tweak,...
                  Yesterday, 10:07 PM
                • TaMac
                  Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
                  TaMac
                  Yup. That is a massive fail! Good to know however...

Here is the proper link

https://taramaclean.myportfolio.com/projects

Thanks!
                  Yesterday, 08:17 PM
                • trevoz
                  quark 2016 and fontexplorer
                  trevoz
                  I have just installed QXP2016 and now I cannot run FontExplorer X Pro. Every time I run Font explorer QXP crashes. QXP will not open if Fontexplorer is open. Any one else having these problems
                  Yesterday, 05:29 PM
                • Teejaa91
                  EAN13 batch design
                  Teejaa91
                  Hi everyone,

For my job in the wholesale I have a question (how to find a way to automate EAN13 barcode in my designs). I recently learned a lot about CSV files - excel and datamerge etc....
                  Yesterday, 02:28 PM
                • KitchWitch
                  Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
                  KitchWitch
                  Hi Tamac and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
                  Yesterday, 10:39 AM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X