Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• GMRooster
    Reply to Logo for Skincare Line
    GMRooster
    bahmaine, I like it. And I think the falling pedals aren't so bad. It's what makes it unique. I'm a goof for symmetry but it's great when people test those boundaries to stand out.
    Today, 01:09 AM
  • GMRooster
    Reply to Building Grid Systems
    GMRooster
    Something happened to your image. I can't zoom in enough and it's all blur if I try. Can you link a larger copy?

It vaguely looks like you are trying to snap text to a grid. I use Blender...
    Today, 01:06 AM
  • Tympanga
    Reply to Scratch Art
    Tympanga
    I believe most scratchboards that are black are in fact the same thing but just already covered in India ink....
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Tympanga
    Reply to Scratch Art
    Tympanga
    Awesome work! Your style is kind of warm and fuzzy looking.

I know what you mean about having things appear to never be finished. I spent ages just on the nose on this dragon (copied from...
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • GMRooster
    Reply to Graphics Library (Mod
    GMRooster
    I download a lot of stuff from blendswap. I like how you can surf models based on the copyright type. For example filter results to be only CC-0 if you want totally free stuff. CC-by if you want to only...
    Today, 01:00 AM

Powered by mediabistro.com
Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator: Minus front/Back

I used to have Illustrator 7 until I upgraded to the CS package.

Illus 7 used to have a pathfinder - minus front or minus back option... this new illus doesn't...WHY???

It was a simple process, like cutting out shapes and forms. now what do I do?

I guess there is always masking or hands-on editing, but making a 3/4 moon shape was easy with minus front using 2 circles.

it's not a crisis but annoying...
    Any help?
    PS - This is what part of the Alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated

My Illustrator CS has 'Minus Back' option in the 'Pathfinder' pallet. I just arrange the layers so the part I want minused is at the back.

(I'm running Illustrator on Mac, might be different if you're on PC)

Comment

Yeah, for some bizarre reason Minus Front was dropped in Illy 10 (or was it 9?).
      Minus Back is on the bottom row, far right. Just restack like Kirby says. Or use Object>Compound Path>Make, if you can.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X