Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Why are TrueType fonts bad?
    B
    They might have their reasons that would make sense once they were explained, like font conflicts with OpenType or Type 1 fonts or something to that effect. Who knows. Really, they'll both work just fine....
    Today, 12:41 AM
  • 858graphics
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    858graphics
    This is all in California, I will check some other sites as well. Looking forward to joining this group!
    Today, 12:12 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    Hi PaperSeeker and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to free upload area?
    Designia
    FYI - wetransfer.com is the same as Hightail but the file limit is ginormous
    Yesterday, 09:49 PM
  • PaperSeeker
    Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    PaperSeeker
    I admit I am a complete amateur so please don't blast me if these are stupid questions. I make paper designs/notepads and I would like to sell them and give them out as gifts, but it is taking me too...
    Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator: Minus front/Back

I used to have Illustrator 7 until I upgraded to the CS package.

Illus 7 used to have a pathfinder - minus front or minus back option... this new illus doesn't...WHY???

It was a simple process, like cutting out shapes and forms. now what do I do?

I guess there is always masking or hands-on editing, but making a 3/4 moon shape was easy with minus front using 2 circles.

it's not a crisis but annoying...
    Any help?
    PS - This is what part of the Alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated

My Illustrator CS has 'Minus Back' option in the 'Pathfinder' pallet. I just arrange the layers so the part I want minused is at the back.

(I'm running Illustrator on Mac, might be different if you're on PC)

Comment

Yeah, for some bizarre reason Minus Front was dropped in Illy 10 (or was it 9?).
      Minus Back is on the bottom row, far right. Just restack like Kirby says. Or use Object>Compound Path>Make, if you can.

PrintDriver is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X