Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator Color Issues

Attached is a screenshot from within illustrator. On the left side you see the color slider, on the right you see the swatch of the selected color. Obviously the two colors are different. This is driving me crazy, why is this happening?
    Attached Files

The slider on the left shows how the color actually shows up in the document, but teh color on the right is how i want it to look, and how the same numbers appear in photoshop.

Comment

See the little yellow warning triangle? It indicates that the colour you have picked is 'out of gammut' and will be replaced with the closest printable colour.

Comment

while that is true, that doesnt affect the issue described here. The same problem exists when it is in gamut.

Comment

Unless I'm misunderstanding, from the look of your screen capture you're basing it on your color picker (seen below):

But, as you can tell, the slider only gets you to the "core color" while it's the larger picker on the left that let's you pick what tone of that color you want. which as you can see below can vary drastically.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

I see what youre saying and it does make sense that the saturation or brightness will differ from the slider. However i cant see how the actual hue should change.

Comment

The hue isn't changing (which is evident by the HSB numbers ... Hue, Saturation and Brightness). What you're changing is the saturation and brightness which can definitely produce a quite different color (but still within the same tone unless you go to the extreme of black and white)

Comment

I think by tone you mean hue. I have attached an image that should show whats happening more clearly. You can see the selected object behind the color picker. The object matches the color of what's on the slider, not what's in the swatch.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well then, that is something completely different. Does this always happen, or it's just happening in this one document with that one object?

Comment

Your swatch is a combination of Hue, Saturation, and Brightness. The rainbow slider is only a part of that color, the Hue. Saturation and Brightness is chosen by clicking or dragging along the big area to the left of the slider. The further up you go the higher the Brightness value, and the further right, the higher the Saturation value (and vice versa). All that together will make your final swatch color, which will be different than your Hue color.
                    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                    mediamainline.com
                    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Could you give us a screen capture that shows more of the picture?
                      I think you are cropped in too tight for us to see the full story.
                      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Craig:
                        This is happening consistently with Photoshop, and Illustrator.
                        I have just set both programs view mode to proof with Monitor RGB and the color of the object is becoming how i want it. When i save for web with no profile and load the image in a browser it appears correct.

Ned: I understand that the swatch will change 'values' and 'saturation' with the adjustmens of various sliders, however the 'hue' of the swatch should be consistent with the slider.

In the attached image you can see the final swatch appears different than the swatch in the color picker, and matches the slider. Very strange
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's what I was thinking too Ned, but judging from the screen cap, the actual object matches the hue slider, but the color preview in the color picker shows a different color than what the object shows.

The only way I can dupe what the OP shows is by adding a new fill in the appearance palette that is behind the bright blue, and use the same hue, but a more washed out tone then select that in the appearance palette and double click the color picker.

So, Pyro, is there any chance you have more than one fill applied to the object in the appearance palette?

Comment

Originally posted by pyromjm View Post
                            Attached is a screenshot from within illustrator. On the left side you see the color slider, on the right you see the swatch of the selected color. Obviously the two colors are different. This is driving me crazy, why is this happening?

I see on the first screeshot that you don't have "H" (Hue) selected.

What color mode do you have selected??
                            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Or ... have you changed your color profile settings? I suppose that might be causing the havoc.
                              __________________________________________________
                              I like to beat up pacifists, because they don't fight back ...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X