Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• note that pdf file is too big 1.7MB, how I may reduce it ?

I did a brochure SummerTheater2009-3web.ai and convert to
    SummerTheater2009-3web.pdf
    located at
    http://www.ancientgreekdramainstitut...r2009-3web.pdf

can you tell me how much this cost[50-100 prints will be printed] ?

Also note that is too big 1.7MB, how I may reduce it for web ?

Printing costs vary by area, you're best off contacting local printers and getting estimates from them as to the cost.

For the file size of the PDF, what settings are you using for the PDF? You should definitely be able to get it much smaller, since it's mostly text.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

This pdf I refer, I insert a rectacle and inside text/images, well like is, a print office may print ONLY rectacle's contents[middle/center of A4], without the border OR in this case needed to trim all 4 pages to rectacles' bounds in each page AND after send to print ? How I trim in Illustrator CS4 towards rectacles' bounds without the border ?

Comment

Hey,

Try using Adobe Distiller to reduce size, by saving as a post script PS file.

Comment

Well both images are in RGB, so not a good start.

The image on the back page is rasterised and may not reproduce well.

The image on the front you can see that it was scanned with the print pattern in the image already, that image needs to have a descreen done at scanning stage, or a gaussian blur applied and then an unsharp mask to bring out the edge detail again.

Costs will also depend on the materials you use, inks, plates, digital, stock of paper, finishing requirements, i.e., saddle stitched, folded, laminations etc.

It would be best to talk to the printers about what it is you want quoted to be printed and the best way to prepare the file.

Perhaps get PDF settings from the printer to use to make the pdf.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

This is a feature of illustrator(where located in menues?) or another program(is it f

"
            Hey,

Try using Adobe Distiller to reduce size, by saving as a post script PS file.
            "

this is basically to trim it ? This is a feature of illustrator(where located in menues?) or another program(is it free, where found?) ?

RGB must converted to CMYK for print, or is not a necessity ? How do this in illustrator ?

Comment

Is any way print only center of page, without any procedure ?

Comment

It would be best to discuss this with your printers.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by lse123 View Post
                  This pdf I refer, I insert a rectacle and inside text/images, well like is, a print office may print ONLY rectacle's contents[middle/center of A4], without the border OR in this case needed to trim all 4 pages to rectacles' bounds in each page AND after send to print ? How I trim in Illustrator CS4 towards rectacles' bounds without the border ?
                  In Illustrator:

File > document setup > edit artboards

Making sure you are using the black arrow tool, Drag the edges of the artboard to the rectangle. Do this for each of your pages. When finished, click on the black arrow tool again, and the screen will go back to normal.

Delete the black rectangles you drew.

Save to PDF as you normally would.

Comment

As previously posted, you need to talk to your printer about the prints.

Why don't you use PDF Optimizer in Acrobat? You will have extensive control over the output, and can save the result in a different file so you can experiment.

Comment

Either Acrobat or Illustrator is any command resize page or Art board, and this page apply to ALL pages or Art boards in the current file (.ai or .pdf) ?

Comment

There is only 1 page in Illustrator. What do you mean ALL pages?
                        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

is for acrobat...

Acrobat(page) eg 4pages of file.pdf
                          Illustrator (Art board) eg 4 artboards of file.ai

Comment

This whole job would have been easier if you'd set it in InDesign. Illustrator is not a page layout programme, and so there are no 'easy buttons' like you are looking for. I've told you how you can reduce the page size, now put the effort in.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X