No announcement yet.

Help! Photoshop Color Picker is all messed up

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Photoshop Color Picker is all messed up

Spontaneously, my Photoshop color picker got all messed up - it now shows a spectrum of rainbow colors instead of one color (light to dark, saturated to unsaturated) like I had before. Any ideas on how to get my previous setting back?

Can you post a sreenshot, it's hard to tell exactly what the issue is. I assume it's because you changed your slider settings form the flyout on your color panel.
    I like to beat up pacifists, because they don't fight back ...

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Screenshot would be good...
      and what version of photoshop are you using and Mac or PC?
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Restart Photoshop and hold down ctrl (cmd) alt and shit and reset the preferences when prompted.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Sounds like you may have clicked the "B" button instead of the "H button in the HSB radio button selection category. See below:

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Latest Topics

• B
            Reply to JPG Image Resolution
            Seventy-two PPI looks OK on your computer display for the simple reason that the resolution of your display might not be much higher than that. Print, however, has much higher-resolution requirements....
            Today, 05:05 PM
          • B
            Reply to How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
            In both instances, you'd be combining halftone dots on the press to create the color and tonal variations of the image. The problem you're running into with CMYK seems more to do with inconsistencies...
            Today, 04:58 PM
          • DrT
            JPG Image Resolution

I wrote a print-on-demand book (How to "Ace" Statistics 101: Textbook) which is currently sold by Amazon's Create Space. For the book, I created JPG images at 300 DPI, copied...
            Today, 04:47 PM
          • Pavlo
            Comment on Please help me get past a creative block!
            I used to get U&lc delivered to my door in the 90's too. Such a great resource for new typographers. PDF back issues available here:

p.s. I still have...
            Today, 04:41 PM
          • dspiv
            How to simulate Kraft paper color/texture with PMS colors
            Looking for a formula of sorts to simulate Kraft paper using 2-4 PMS colors instead of using CMYK. We have had inconsistent results when a CMYK version is printed using flexographic printing for gusset...
            Today, 03:52 PM

Incredible Stock
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings