Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    ISitude
    There's a follow-up survey found just after the last vid ...I'm guessing that my written answers are also award winning
    Today, 03:48 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    Agreed.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    PrintDriver
    Then change the title to "Getting Started with Illustrator"
    Not "Logo Design."
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    I honestly think he's just showing some quick tuts to get people started in illustrator. But I know what you mean by people seeing these videos and thinking that's how stuff gets done. An even bigger...
    Today, 03:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Need feedback on this package
    Buda
    The chocolate stuff looks like blood.
    Today, 03:16 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indesign exporting?

does anyone know if it's possible to change the default export setting, from pdf to eps? any help is appriciated, thanks.

doesn't look like it... but what's so hard about scrolling down in the drop down menu?

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

LOL I know.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

defjoe said...
        doesn't look like it... but what's so hard about scrolling down in the drop down menu?
        nothing, just gets a bit irritating when you have to do it atleast a hundred times a day, another thing can you get it to stop putting the file extention on aswell?

Comment

why do you not want the ext on? Just out of curiosity I mean?!?!

Boobie Island or Bust!
          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I think there is a button in the save window that allows you to take the EXT off. but why like DZ asked?

www.assassinsguild.net/

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Yea it's called 'append extension' and if you click on it no extension.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

where abouts is the append extension bit i can't seem to see it in CS, btw to answer you question it's just the way files get sent to page make up, all our ads have a 6 digit urn(unique reference number) and the way the page make up system (CLS i think they call it) deals with them is without the file extension.

let the people sing their stories and their songs and the music of their native land</font>

Post Edited (foggynotion) : 12/14/2004 6:26:56 PM GMT

Comment

ahh ok gotcha ;o)

Boobie Island or Bust!
                  I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

ok makes sense

it's on the save page when it directs you to save it in a folder

should be down on the left side

www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

A couple of things. First, are we talking the same platform here? I'm still in ID2, so I can't verify the extension append option in CS-- PC or Mac.

Secondly, this sounds like a job for... QuicKeys! A very simple macro (like 'Tab, E, Shift-Tab') would get you this in a single shortcut.

Thirdly, if you want to create EPS files for your page markup system, you might want to explore exporting to EPS from Acrobat itself. It assigns an appendment to each EPS to match the pagenumber (page_1.eps; page_2.eps etc.).

There may even be an advantage to this route as you can control the EPS level, and the images and many postscript things get 'cleaned and optimized' in the process of PDF creation.

Just a thought.

Comment

Broacher said...
                        A couple of things. First, are we talking the same platform here? I'm still in ID2, so I can't verify the extension append option in CS-- PC or Mac.

Secondly, this sounds like a job for... QuicKeys! A very simple macro (like 'Tab, E, Shift-Tab') would get you this in a single shortcut.

Thirdly, if you want to create EPS files for your page markup system, you might want to explore exporting to EPS from Acrobat itself. It assigns an appendment to each EPS to match the pagenumber (page_1.eps; page_2.eps etc.).

There may even be an advantage to this route as you can control the EPS level, and the images and many postscript things get 'cleaned and optimized' in the process of PDF creation.

Just a thought.
                        we're talking os x and indesign cs m8, i'll have a wee look into editing a short cut for that, sounds like a plan, i actually forgot you could edit them, but i think the extention is still going to take a bit of finding it doesn't seem to be there in cs.

let the people sing their stories and their songs and the music of their native land</font>

Comment

>> i'll have a wee look into editing a short cut for that, sounds like a plan, i actually forgot you could edit them<<

Um, no... I'm talking about using QuicKeys (http://www.cesoft.com). I started using this about six years ago and can't imagine not having it on any system I work on. It pays for itself very quickly.

Comment

Broacher said...
                            >> i'll have a wee look into editing a short cut for that, sounds like a plan, i actually forgot you could edit them<<

Um, no... I'm talking about using QuicKeys (http://www.cesoft.com). I started using this about six years ago and can't imagine not having it on any system I work on. It pays for itself very quickly.
                            ah right got you, haven't heard off that program before, suppose you could do the same sort of thing with applescript, might have a look into that since i don't see my company forking out for anymore software, they got a standard base of software here and they stick to it.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X