X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From PageMaker 7 to CorelDraw10-how?

Any idea how to export from PageMaker 7 to import into CorelDraw 10?

I have a 22 page booklet someone else did in PageMaker that I need to edit in CorelDraw.

Comment

I received a 'multiple post blues' thing when I posted this note in the Corel forum. My problem is with the moving of files between Adobe/Corel. That's why I posted in both, so pros in either suite would see and perhaps assist. Probably the post to have removed would have been Adobe. The program I want to work in is Corel.

Someone said that '...I know some people actually use CorelDraw for multipage docs but, honestly, it's not what it's designed for. It's not a layout program!'

I have been using Corel since Corel 2...and have been thinking of taking an Adobe class. I learned as I went and am not easily retrained.

Comment

I have not used Pagemaker in forever but can you export the pages to eps files or pdf's?
        I have had luck exporting eps or pdf files from quark and opening it in Illustrator. Different programs - same theory, page layout to illustration.

I wish I had something clever to put here.......
        Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
        http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well there's no way to really convert from pagemaker to corel and keep everything editable like you normally would in corel.

I would print the Pagemaker file to a PDF or to a postscript .prn and then distill it.

Then you can import each page (there's a page selector in the Corel PDF import dialogue) one at a time or let corel automatically place each page for you.

The text will most likely come in as separated letters, words or sentences. Depending on how the font gets translated. You may be able to CTRL-SELECT a block of text and recombine it back into paragraphs.

Hunt for trophy black bear, cougar, deer, mountain goat or forest trolls at bracewell's hunting lodge. http://bracewell.com

Comment

Newer versions of Corel will likely open a PM PDF up, mostly intact.

You can also use the PS interpreter import filter in Corel to digest a PM page EPS.

But, as has been pointed out-- this may look like a PM doc, but it won't act like one. All the paragraphs will become separate lines, and even portional lines of text. Not what you call edit friendly.

OTOH, if you move all the PM text to a separate top layer and make a PDF (or EPS) with this off so as just to get the graphics, then all you need to do is (at least in CDraw12) copy and paste the text from the PM doc into a Corel paragraph block. You'll be prompted to how to paste-- choose retain text and formatting. MOST of the formatting comes across-- but not the text styles, which you'll have to create from the text that comes in.

But I'm with others: it's CorelDRAW (even Corel capitalizes the last part!), and not CorelLAYOUT&DRAW.

Comment

You will have lots of problems with this, anyway. And realy, Corel is not layout program. I used it from version 3 to version 6, than I swiched to Freehand. And everybody who worked with PageMaker remember 'Bad index table' message - that means you will do whole job again (if you dont have backup).

If you realy want do that in Corel - i think the fastest way is to make this booklet from beginning. And why you need to do this in Corel? Why you cannot edit it in PageMaker?

22 pages? Not 24, or 20? Strange....

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X