X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see my duotone in Illustrator CS4

Hi! Here is a very strange problem. I have never seen it before. In Illustrator CS4 I want to place an eps duotone. Here is what I will do in Illustrator. FILE PLACE I CHOOSE THE EPS DUO... but nothing appears in Illustrator. My file is in Duotone EPS... Now, if I try with another one... This time it works!??? Curiously, some eps files in duotone dont appears in Illustrator while other one appears when I try to place them... If somebody have an idea on the nature of this problem I will surely appreciate! Sry for my english!!! Im french! Thx! W.

By duotone .eps … I'm assuming the duotone .eps file was saved out of photoshop, or is that not true?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Hi! No, my eps duotone was saved in photoshop! Then I tried to place it in Illustrator! W.

Comment

Why save an eps out of photoshop?
        When you can save a psd and place it into Illustrator and have ten times the stability.
        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

That's what I was asking, but I guess the language barrier caused it to be read wrong.

I'll dig around some, but knowing you're going from Photoshop to Illustrator might help others chime in.

Comment

PSDs would be a good option. With eps the only thing that comes to mind is that you're using the wrong image preview/encoding … possibly … for your system.

Comment

EPS = thumbsdown and a *blipppsshhssss* noise you make with your lips

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Tx for ur replies! I did not know that a psd was more stable than an eps. Since i Work in prepress I always proceed like this. And cuz before, in Quark principally, we always needeed to work wit Eps file and its seems to me that was been the right way to work. Now, I tried with a psd and it works perfectly! Psd are really stable in separation mode? W

Comment

Yeh Quark is fine with EPS. But Adobe products work best together with native files. Like ai. for InDesign instead of EPS (from Illustrator, e.g, you don't need to resave an eps as a .ai to place but if you're making a new file then save as .ai to place into InDesign).

Really depends what you're doing - but most of the time native files between Adobe apps work best.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Ok I see! Last thing! Why it is better to work wits PSD files rather than Eps!?? Tx to all! W.

Comment

OK! I undestood! And Thx for the lesson! W.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X