Illustrator 'Preview' view mode?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator 'Preview' view mode?

Does Illustrator have a 'preview' mode similar to InDesign? I want to view the graphics only in the art board and don't want to see the elements hanging outside of it. I could mask everything in a rectangle but figured Adobe would have a built in preview mode. Do they?

Thanks!

Print to PDF and open in Acrobat.

Comment

I'm no saying this is perfect, but you could build a layer with a large white box, then knock out the "artboard" size from that box and put that layer on the top of everything else.

I actually do that on a few projects from time to time. It doesn't take that long. Sure it's a few extra steps, but it's still pretty quick to do.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Yeah, I've done the Mask Layer type approach to view "in-house" and sometimes in the past have thrown white rectangles around the edge....silly i know but in a rush....
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• TaMac
          Portfolio in need of a review!
          TaMac
          Hi everyone!

I'm currently on the job hunt but don't really know any graphic designers that can crit my work so I would love your wonderful professional feedback.

You can view...
          Today, 02:19 AM
        • kemingMatters
          Reply to I am feeling frustrated in my job search?
          kemingMatters
          As someone who is in the process of hiring a junior graphic designer, I can't say how important it is to thoroughly read job descriptions. I put a couple hitches in the posting I put up and in doing so...
          Yesterday, 06:35 PM
        • Gromit801
          Reply to I am feeling frustrated in my job search?
          Gromit801
          Try being 60 and looking for work. Forgedaboudit. I trained as a graphic artist. Now, employers want you to be a graphic artist, web designer, photographer, video editor, AND production warm body....
          Yesterday, 04:18 PM
        • Time Traveller
          Reply to Greetings, from the future!
          Time Traveller
          Thanks!...
          Yesterday, 01:37 PM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Security Threat
          KitchWitch
          Hi Meriane and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Yesterday, 01:03 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X