Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign export book to PDF: need single pages

Okay. first up I'm restricted to CS3. I know cry along with me, but that is what I have to work with on this.
    So please don't suggest CS5 things, thx.

I set-up my publications with the "book" settings in InDesign. Each section of the book is it's own file. Traditionally I have only needed to export the whole book to a PDF, so I just select all the files, export book and Ta-da I have what I need.

However my printer is more or less forcing a change to use some new fangled Kodak software thing for uploading... and of course this software requires that the pages be saved individually. Now I'd really like to avoid PDFing them all individually.
    So I need a way to export my book (by selecting all the files) into individual PDFs.
    I understand there are plug-ins/scripts that can do this. I am not familiar with any of them. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Extract as separate pages in Acrobat. (it's in the pages palette in acrobat pro, as "extract pages..." there's an option to tick for separate files)
    Last edited by kemingMatters; 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

hey keming do you know if that keeps all the high-resolution stuff good?
      And is there a way to make sure it's named correctly? (I assume it will number the pages in order?)

I did try it but it doesn't give any options just put in page range numbers.

Comment

When you export the book to PDF - as Kemming points out - you can use Acrobat to extract the pages - Document>Extract Pages> and choose the option.

This will put all the pages in single pages. It will be the same quality as when they were all together.

You can use Adobe Bridge to Batch Rename the files in the folder.

For a single document you can skip that step by using this script
        http://indesignsecrets.com/page-expo...ed-for-cs3.php

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Don't need too echo Eugene, so this is the extent of that. Acrobat should save a page number extension on each extracted file.

Comment

^ Does it number the pages in order?
            I don't want to even try having a 96 page mess on my hands. lol.

Comment

Yep, it will append the page numbers in order, right before the .PDF extension.
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

It might not correspond with the page numbers on the actual page of the publication (when page 1 actually starts on page 3) but it will match up with the page numbers in the pdf. If I remember correctly the extension that acrobat adds is something like "filename [#].pdf"

didn't see that ninja-badger lurking in the corner...

Comment

The pdfs will be numbered correctly. If you want to rename them use Bridge to batch rename them.

Comment

I knew I saw this around

http://www.kahrel.plus.com/indesign/...dividuals.html

All your prayers have been answered. Go forth and export the entire book to individual pages directly from InDesign.

Do not pass go and do not collect $200

Comment

^ I'm going to assume as that script was written in the last year and a half that it doesn't work with CS3...

But if we know it numbers the way I need, which it sounds like then Acrobat Export into individual pages it is. Thanks guys!

Comment

Peter Kahrel is a nice guy. If you emailed him he might be willing to make it work for CS3, it might be a quick change in the script.

Just a thought. Or you could post in the Adobe InDesign Scripting forums and one of the scripters might be able to turn it into a CS3 script?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X