Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to My resume need feedback.
    B
    Take what I said with a grain of salt. I'm mostly playing devil's advocate just to point out another view. I really do like the looks of what you've done.
    Today, 04:45 AM
  • GMRooster
    Reply to How are these images done?
    GMRooster
    type 1 link1 : I really like this too. Great job whoever did it. Though they didn't take my route to achieve those results. I have to admit I like the overall piece.

I would have done it...
    Today, 04:00 AM
  • NostalgiaSeeker
    NostalgiaSeeker
    I See. I've been in graphic design for more than five years but was an artist before that. Guess I forgot about that.
    Today, 03:17 AM
  • B
    B
    I like the looks. I'm a big fan of infographics when they're done well and actually communicate information efficiently and effectively.

However...

You're not necessarily...
    Today, 02:30 AM
  • designzombie
    Reply to Why do I struggle with layout?
    designzombie
    B is right. We can't really tell what's wrong with your layouts without seeing them.

The most valuable layout advice I heard was back in art school, over 2 decades ago; but it wasn't from...
    Today, 01:50 AM

Powered by mediabistro.com
Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome videos Euge... er, Hank. Thanks!

Q: I'm looking at the sample file that was included with the 'Rules Rule' video. The last example:

That little glyph there... had me going. I see it's in the glyph set panel--another ID area I've had little to do with. In the Story Editor it appears as a lowercase j. But... it's obviously not. No Styles applied. So, does the Story Editor map the display of Glyphs differently for its display, or how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by ihadlegs View Post
      Wow, thanks for that! I shall be forwarding this to her to play with now, paragraph styles I have avoided in the past as I ended up ruining a fair few documents. Muchio gracias, and to printdriver, I had a feeling printers hated cells.

*stops banging head and feeling quite so stupid* *a bit*
      Paragraph Styles and Character Styles, et al Styles are your friend.

I shall recommend Michael Murphy once again with is excellent book

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-InDesign.../dp/032160606X

For beginners you can't go wrong with Sandee Cohen Quick Start Guide
      http://www.amazon.com/InDesign-CS5-M.../dp/0321705203

These are also available for several versions of InDesign - so get the one closest to the version you have.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Bob - that appears to be Adobe Caslon Pro - in the Glyph Panel there's an arrow beside the lower case "j" click and hold for "Alternate" glyphs.

The story editor displays just the text - and it is using the letter "j" - so that's what it shows. It's a great way to find out what Letter was used to produce a certain Glyph.

A lot of fonts have Alternate Glyphs - check some out in Adobe Garamond Pro - for example. There's ornaments, scientific figures - loads of things.

A lot of well made fonts will have built in alternate glyphs, mostly for ligatures.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X