• kemingMatters
    Comment on Things that jerk my chain...
    kemingMatters
    submit your resume, that's what I'd do
    Today, 02:30 AM
  • John G
    Reply to Things that jerk my chain...
    John G
    "We aren't going to promote you just yet [maybe next year], because we have too many senior developers"... a few weeks later 2 people leave (non-senior title) and we aren't going to fill them...
    Today, 02:09 AM
  • designbyrb
    Reply to I would really appreciate a portfolio site critique
    designbyrb
    If anyone has any more thoughts on the design of the site, or specific portfolio projects feel free to let me know. Or if there is anything you would like to see more of I've done well or vice versa...
    Today, 01:33 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to non native art cs3 ai
    Kayekaye
    Yeah, placed a photo outlined from photoshop into ai file. The ps pdf has the clipping path in it. So far it is proofing ok. Will see what happens. Would just a ps file that has been outlined with clipping...
    Today, 12:44 AM
  • tanjamamas
    Reply to Feedback?
    tanjamamas
    Okay. New direction. I love the "Design is not decoration" sentence.

Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention, when I bought CS5.5 from Adobe they said something about a freebie, which I promptly forgot about until yesterday. I got an email reminding me about it. The choices were something like a free new typeface, a free month at Lynda.com, something else that really didn't interest me at all, and a free copy of PhotoTools, which is what I opted for. I got it installed, but I had to bookmark their training vids for later. It's regularly US$ 100, so yay for that.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I wish someone could look into the pricing practices of Adobe from the legal side.
      This whole thing screams of some kind of tin-hat plot. I can't believe a corporation this large can make this kind of marketing morass by mistake.

Comment

Let alone that the price is MUCH higher in Europe than in the Americas!!!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
          Like "JUST" JUST?

If so I'm going to tell my boss to hop on that first thing in the morning.

inb4 OOC

You can still purchase 5.5 from their site.

"Buy CS5.5 now and get CS6 at no additional cost. Offer ends May 6, 2012.:"

Comment

I can't wait to pay hundreds of dollars for 1 or 2 extra features just so I can stay relevant with my programs!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
              Like "JUST" JUST?

If so I'm going to tell my boss to hop on that first thing in the morning.

inb4 OOC
              Yes, as in a couple minutes before posting. The software was still downloading as I was typing.
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Awesome!!! E-mailing the boss ASAP
                Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I've been watching the lynda.com Indesign CS6 intro videos, and I'm finding some things that will enhance my workflow. I resize a TON of branding ads over each year, so the liquid layout tools look interesting, as does the content conveyer.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Seems I'm the only one in my office who keeps up with these things. Apparently, just before I started here (about a month ago) everyone got upgraded to 5.5. Now with the release of 6 even the A.D. is choked that it's coming out so soon after their upgrade, and how the publisher is going to be choked that he just paid for this, and now it's 1 version back....then I mentioned that they qualify for the free upgrade to 6...not sure how they weren't aware....

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon....they may have been just ahead of the offer....
                    Last edited by Bladez; 04-24-2012, 04:26 PM.
                    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Gonna make the plunge this week. Been a while - I am partial to keeping my computers stuck in time. Seems like every time I upgrade (OS or Adobe software) something critical breaks. I am not looking forward to this.
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

FWIW, my upgrade to CS5.5 last week (running Snow Leopard) went smoothly, as far as I can tell. I haven't upgraded to Lion yet because I have a few things that still require Rosetta to run, and they haven't been upgraded.

Looking at how some of these new features work, I can predict that we'll see some "OMGOMGOMG did [this] on the only copy of my file! Help me change it back! There are opportunities for EPIC fail with some things, so make sure you have a good backup and versioning workflow.

OK, back to Lynda dot com!

Comment

Upgrading is fun and exciting until you realize you forgot to copy over all of your scripts, brushes, patterns, actions, templates, swatches, styles, preflight presets etc. and you have to redo your workspace settings and preferences. (actually I like that it reminds me of crashing and trashing prefs.)

Comment

Good point, emucru. I just made a note to back all that stuff up before tech guy gets here.

Comment

Adobe

Guys,

I have just come back from Sydney and did you know that Harvey Norman now stocks EVERY single adobe title in store??!! This is both for PC & MAc.

I could not believe it but they do. Walked out after spending 2,500 on Adobe Master Collection! Apparently Tesco will be next to stock the complete range, which they say can guarantee will always be in stock.

Has anyone come across this yet?

Comment

Boss told us the other day that he has ordered CS6 for the design department! Kinda nice to work somewhere that likes to stay current....Think he said we'd have the physical copies in our hands by the end of the month.
                                Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                                | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                                | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X