InDesign CS5 print booklet issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign CS5 print booklet issue

Here's an issue I've been having with InDesign using "print booklet". We do a lot of books where the cover is color, and the inside is black and white. We set the job up in single pages, but use print booklet to print them in printer's spreads. Usually works fine if you send the entire document. But, if you try to send individual pages (like page 1 and 40 of a 40 page book), it prints them separately with a blank page next to them.

What I normally do is take the front and back cover and put them into a document by themsleves and set it up print size. Then run the inside of the book using print booklet in single color, and just delete the cover from the RIP before it's imaged.

There has to be a better way though. Suggestions?
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
    Reply to All people from the 80's and vintage fans i have a question for you
    Craig B
    44Design is right in a sense. There were BBS dialups. I remember my brother dialing into BBS boards with a handset modem (you literally dialed the number and then placed the old school handset down on...
    Today, 03:16 PM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Hi All. I am Marc.
    Craig B
    Welcome to the madness. And I can say as someone who graduated from University nearly 20 years ago, you definitely will be in a never-ending learning process. There is always room to grow and improve...
    Today, 03:06 PM
  • annabelrose
    Reply to Font Question...
    annabelrose
    I'm just not too crazy about the lower right corner of the G, too much ornamentation....Is there a similiar font but without that G? Thanks ​...
    Today, 01:22 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to A mix of 2D drafting and vector graphics
    PrintDriver
    I'd just do it in Illustrator. Illustrator goes to 4 decimal places easily, so 1/8" tolerance is no problem. Depending on the intricacy of your kite, you may need a little geometry and algebra to...
    Today, 12:46 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to A mix of 2D drafting and vector graphics
    HotButton
    What application will you use for that, and does it have some limitation that prevents you from using it for the whole kite layout?...
    Today, 12:32 PM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X