• mrbambocha
    Reply to Making a button with <table>
    mrbambocha
    Great! Thanks alot!
    Today, 10:05 AM
  • B
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    B
    I'm thinking that tagging a supplement product with the initials BS might not be the best marketing strategy.
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI CS5 Save for Web help.

I have been using AI to save vector images for the web for awhile now. Recently I have noticed lines showing up on parts of the image. The original image size is 863 px x 504 px. When I apply a new size, in this case 750 px x 435 px, I get a line on one end of the artwork. Below is a cropped screenshot of the line. When I played with other sizes I would get two, three or four lines. The lines never extend across the entire image, just a small portion of the left side.

Has anyone else had this happen before? Is there a solution other than to use photoshop to save for web?

Free digital bacon to anyone who can help me.

What format are you saving the images to?

Have you got any transparency effects going on in the artwork (drop shadows, tranpsarency increased on items etc.)?

If you open the images in an image editor are lines showing up there?

Have you tried other file formats?

What settings are you saving to the Web with?

Or are you saving to just PNG or JPG directly from Illustrator or are you using the Save for Web dialog box?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Are the lines showing up in the "Save for Web" preview or just in the final file?
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I am using "Save for Web & Devices" with the following settings-

Format- .jpg

Compression Quality- High

Quality- 60

Blur- 0

There are no transparencies, drop shadows or any other effects. There is a clipping mask, but that is all. The lines show up in the "Save for Web & Devices" window and in Photoshop when I open the saved file. There are four images in each file and a clipping mask around each image, but the lines only show up on the left hand side and extend less than half the width of the first image. The lines show up for gif, jpg and png formats.

Comment

Does your clipping mask contain a raster image? is the colour behind the clipping mask a spot?

any live blends?
          Design is not decoration.

Comment

No raster images and some have PMS colors and some have cmyk values. I can't recall be sure there aren't live blends on some, but the lines occur on images that definitely have nothing but paths and strokes.

Comment

Try just saving them as .ai files, then rasterizing those files in Photoshop.
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I'm guessing images with spot colors are rendering as if they have transparencies, replace the spot with rgb values, then output for Web. Adobe gets all weird around spots... still...

other than that you could try using pathfinder so there is no overlap between your spots and process colours.
                Last edited by kemingMatters; 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
                  Try just saving them as .ai files, then rasterizing those files in Photoshop.
                  I'm doing that now and so far everything is coming out well. I just wish I could save a step and save them straight from AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                    I'm doing that now and so far everything is coming out well. I just wish I could save a step and save them straight from AI.
                    make a droplet in PS... record the process once using the action palette, then set up a droplet. click, drag, complete. You can even dump a whole folder on it and go get a coffee.
                    Last edited by kemingMatters; 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
                      I'm guessing images with spot colors are rendering as if they have transparencies, replace the spot with rgb values, then output for Web. Adobe gets all weird around spots... still...

other than that you could try using pathfinder so there is no overlap between your spots and process colours.
                      No go on the color conversion. With rgb values in place, as soon as I change the width to 750 px, up pops the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        No go on the color conversion. With rgb values in place, as soon as I change the width to 750 px, up pops the line.
                        are you resizing them? theoretically it shouldn't make a difference, but those lines make me think that the way it is flattening the image is exactly how exporting to pdf handles transparency flattening (by creating tiles). So even though there aren't any transparent effects, AI seems to be treating the overlapping shapes like transparencies, and because you are capturing it a jpg and not pdf the sometimes quirky antialiasing of tiles is becoming part of the image and not just a preview error.

Are those lines 1px wide (excluding the artifact)?
                        Last edited by kemingMatters; 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

<-----Not well versed in web...

Why do you have to save for web if you are just saving it as a jpg? Can't you just export your images as a jpg and tell it the color conversion then? That's what I've always done and never had an issue.
                          Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                          - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X