Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    How about a direct link? Read that page 2 times and still missed it.
    Also, what if you don't want to, or in the case of Pharma or NDA contracts can't, share anything via the Cloud? Any memberships that just allow access to the software?
    If Adobe is still working things out, perhaps launch is a bit premature? But that never stopped em before, I suppose.

Also, Binghan, on the activation info, direct links to PDFs are frowned on here...Gotta page URL for that info too?
    Apologies as there's no direct link nor URL for the PDF.

As for the Creative Cloud Team membership, the FAQ states:

"Where can I purchase a Creative Cloud Team membership, and how much will it cost?

Creative Cloud Team memberships will become available later in 2012 through Adobe's network of corporate resellers. Exact details on Creative Cloud Team are still being defined but will include greater online storage capacity, collaboration tools, and license management and deployment capabilities. Creative Cloud Team is expected to cost US$840 per seat based on a 12-month term membership (equates to US$69.99 a month).

Volume licensing customers who are interested in Creative Cloud Team but would like to access some of the benefits of Creative Cloud today, including CS6, may consider our Creative Cloud Team Ready offer. This offering through Adobe's Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) is based on a one-year term agreement and is available for purchase through any Adobe corporate resellers. Creative Cloud Team Ready gives you immediate access to Creative Suite 6 Master Collection via electronic download and ongoing value over time, including access to new Adobe tools, services, and applications as they become available. Customers who choose this option will automatically be transitioned to Creative Cloud Team membership when it is available."

Comment

Multiple computers.

Binghan,

I sent you a PM/Email on my order info to see if you can help switch me to a one time lump sum. (thank you)

Regarding the Cloud Vs. CS Suite. One thing I liked about the CS Suite, I recall you could have it installed on 2 computers full time but could also install on a third computer so long you had one of the 3 installed suites deactivated. I am the only user of course for the one suite- but liked how on I could do work on either my work, home, and laptop computer. The Cloud Services states it will install on 2 computers. Would I be able to install on a third computer but only have 2 activated and the third deactivated similar to how the CS Suite worked?

It would be idea if your adobe cloud was handled like Game company Valve's "Steam" operates where you can have any number of different computer installations but only one can run the program at a time.
      But my guess this type of a true "floating license" management is what you are planning for your Teams deployment. However the concept of a floating license even for just one user still has much value imo.

Comment

mlm, you are only supposed to load it on two computers, not 3...

And again, like Apple's OS, there is so much junk I don't need or want to pay for.
        I don't want extended Cloud service for team members. They wouldn't be using it. And it really irks me that Adobe has gone forward with attempting to activate this without a team system in place. Does Adobe really know so little about its client base? Contrary to popular opinion, designers aren't all someone's nephew in the basement with a single computer.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X