Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Sketcher
    Comment on Your Workflow when creating Ads, Posters, etc...
    Sketcher
    Anything that has multiple pages like a brochure, I lay out in InDesign. For something that is one page, like a poster, either InDesign or Illustrator would do fine. Though, InDesign has better output...
    Today, 07:53 PM
  • swgj19
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    swgj19
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. It appears my logo is out of date. Here is the flat design. What should I do with this....
    Today, 07:47 PM
  • designzombie
    Comment on Graphic Designer salary
    designzombie
    I guess I'm too immersed in the lower end of the profession. I think B2B advertisers budget less of their income towards marketing than B2C. Or maybe they have smaller profit margins.

I...
    Today, 06:57 PM
  • GregoryL
    Reply to Feedback on Medical Cannabis Beverage Logo
    GregoryL
    While you may want to continue working towards an idea you feel strongly about, the blue circle logo in the last example you shared works well - I like its simplicity.
    Today, 06:18 PM
  • Sketcher
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    Sketcher
    Sorry, but this is anything but contemporary or rustic. It's very Web 2.0 which is about 10 years out of date.

You should be designing your logo in Illustrator. No gloss, no bevels, no...
    Today, 06:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesign Templates

Hello,

I am currently in the process of changing over my companies data sheets to a new format. When I created the datasheets I was not very familiar with Indesign. Since then I have learned a bunch of tricks to help with my workflow, but one detail is still killing me in the long run.

My Problem:

I have 50 data sheets. I will create a template and make each of the sheets. My company is scheduled to be bought out in six months. When that happens I will need to change the web and address information for the company. Is there a way i can create the template so when i change the address information in the template, it also changes the address information for each of the files associated with that template?

Thanks for any insight.

Can you link it to an XML file?
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Just an idea that popped into my head is you could make the web address (assuming it's not part of a long body of copy) as a separate indesign file that you then place into your 50 other files (linked of course) and then when you update the web address file, it updates in the other 50.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Didn't know you could do that... hmmm

Comment

Yup TA, depending on your needs, placing indesign files into other indesign files can work pretty well …

Comment

Interesting... learn something new everyday, I suppose.

Comment

I have never done that before but it sounds like a winner. That's nifty... I really like that. Will let yOu know how I fare with it tomorrow.

Comment

You can also do a find and replace on copy in all of your documents at once, as long as they're all opened up in Indesign at the same time and you choose "all documents" form your search field.

It's all relative. Because whether you do the placed indesign route or the find and replace route, you still have to open all the files and either update the link, or replace the copy and save them all out.

Comment

The standalone file placed into every document is something that I do often. It's really the best way. You can access and change that data in any of the files you have open. It's really simple to do.

And you do have to open a file to update the link, but you were going to have to open that file anyway to make changes or to output it.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X