Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    Yes, I'm leaning that way now. Still percolating both ideas though… Thanks!
    Today, 02:51 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    Good point…thanks!
    Today, 02:50 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to InDesign data merge advice…
    Designia
    I think what Kerning pointed out should ultimately be the deciding factor as the page numbering needs to make sense when it's combined with the other documents. Personally I think I'd use 4 separate documents....
    Today, 02:35 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to BAND LOGO HELP
    seamas
    They want simplistic or simple?

To my mind there is a significant difference, but that's just me.

What have you sketched out so far?...
    Today, 02:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Getting into graphic design
    PrintDriver
    Another note on color modes: There are some printers and there is one print process that actually use the RGB color mode. But it is vendor specific.

The best advice regarding color modes...
    Today, 02:07 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob - thanks for your help.

When I say "I have tested the printout with different types of paper and all seem to retain their ink-bearing capacity reasonably, even near the top of the page where the green gradient is the strongest." I mean that I have done the exact test you are suggesting, with multiple cheap ballpoint pens. Honestly, I don't have any difficulty writing on the ink.

Comment

Oops. Sorry for the under-read.

But glad it's going to work. Great!

Believe it or not, I'm a bit of a crusader for well-designed forms. Considering the potential impact of error -- in general -- in form design, it's a wonder that so many are so poorly, or sloppily designed and worded.

Maybe having kids in school really brings this home. Literally.

Speaking of... um, how are the streets of Montreal doing today?

Comment

yikes! this is one or the worst times you can ask a Montrealer this particular question. See, none of us will want to tell you just how bad it gets (from time to time) because the other 99% of the time everything is OK...

Popular (and not just students') anger/dissatisfaction with the Charest provincial government is at peak levels these past days, given the special law that just passed which limits citizens' right to protest and has a built-in expiry which will make it damn near impossible to escalate in the courts...

Anyways like I said, violence (police brutality AND anarchist troublemaking) is happening but only in small bursts, and Montreal is still a safe city to be in. (and good for tourism too if that's what you're asking!)

The bottom line for forming your own opinion: don't trust any specific source. Read up, research and draw your own conclusions.

Thanks for asking, and thanks again for your advice!

Comment

You're welcome. And I sure hope a relatively peaceful solution is found quickly. I have a nagging feeling this one is going to spread.

I've only been there maybe half a dozen times, but I love the feel of Montreal, as a city. It's real, it's creative, it's saucy, sexy, and most of the time -- very nicely laid back.

I also admire that its citizens are not afraid to go off-brand or stand up to political/economic powers -- when it really counts.

I'm not a big city dweller, but if I was, of all the Canadian towns I could pick, Montreal would be my no. 1.

Alas, I remain uni-lingual. Though my kids were both immersed in French in their public school days. Now I want to visit Montreal again this summer.

Or that might just be my stomach talking again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
            I'm not a big city dweller, but if I was, of all the Canadian towns I could pick, Montreal would be my no. 1.

Alas, I remain uni-lingual.
            I don't know, when I first moved to Montreal I didn't speak either language but I got along okay...of course, I was five months old at the time.
            People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
            -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Actually, living in Montreal as an anglophone might be a great incentive to try and learn -- however painfully -- a new language. I mean, the French immersion option wasn't around when I was a little know-it-all. Those language centre brain cells have probably all been atrophied by now. Still... gotta give the greyware some credit for its self-upgrade features.

Now if I could just find the defrag function...

Comment

Damnit I missed a fellow montrealer post...

Bob if you come down here we should grab a beer.
                Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                  Damnit I missed a fellow montrealer post...

Bob if you come down here we should grab a beer.
                  You cheating son-a-bee-sting!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Eugene you know if you ever came here I would bloody pick you up at the Airport. It's not my fault you live so damn far.

Comment

Then we'd hit McGibs like bosses!!!!!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
                        Then we'd hit McGibs like bosses!!!!!
                        It's spelt... *twitch* with a K.... *twitch*

McKibbins.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X