Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to What Ya Think?
    kemingMatters
    Here's how it should work, you pay for the work regardless of whether the T-shirt sells, you pay extra if you want exclusive rights to the images/graphics. Otherwise, what are you offering that zazzle...
    Today, 06:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Your posts are still being moderated, once your name isn't orange you shouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I left the post because it's a touch different than your previous.
    Today, 06:03 PM
  • jellard
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    jellard
    I'm sorry if this message is a dulicate. I submitted a comment and never saw it post so I'm trying again.

The project I'm working on is not a logo itself but taken from a logo and would like...
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Cosmo
    Same here. Sounds like a bad Japanese to English translation.
    Today, 05:47 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Something like this? Radial blur would work
    Today, 05:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS6 Freezing Issues

We've upgraded over the last month or so to CS6 and the last few weeks, Photoshop as well as Illustrator, freezes at random. It doesn't seem to do this whenever we do something specific. It happens at any time and on three different computers. Most times it doesn't even allow us to Force Quit. We have to manually restart our computers.

Anyone else having this issue?

Operating system(s)?
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

And computer specs?
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mac OS X Lion
        Version 10.7.4

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
        8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Comment

Is it specifically just Photoshop freezing or your entire PC? I haven't had this issue with Illustrator, but in PS, when I switch to another app (anything: finder, Safari, iTunes, etc.) and try to click on the Photoshop canvas to resume work, PS becomes non-responsive.

Does that sound familiar in any way? Or does it freeze while you're in the process of using Photoshop (without switching to any other programs/windows)?
          http://www.RYLNYC.com

Comment

So far on my computer it's just Photoshop, but a colleague is also having trouble with Illustrator(we're all on the same operating system, brand new computers and same CS6). It will freeze when we're doing something. Mine just did it a few minutes ago and I was just placing an image. Sometimes it will freeze just photoshop and I can force quit and restart it. Other times, it will freeze the entire computer and I'll have to do a hard reboot. A couple times, when I go to do a hard reboot, as soon as I touch the power button, the whole screen will go blank and all I can see is the mouse cursor. We're wondering if maybe this is a cross program thing (CS6 being so new) and if a patch download would help.

Comment

Cloud based?
              Firewall?

Comment

I don't think it's cloud based. We have a wireless server across the room. And I've no idea about the firewall

Comment

My Favi: Firefox running?

I have noticed issues with adobe software not playing nice with OSX "spaces" and sometimes when you use command+tab to navigate to different programs you have to click the icon in the dock for the cursor to be active in [adobe software of choice here].
                  Design is not decoration.

Comment

Nope, no firefox. Don't even think we have it installed. We use Safari. I use command+tab but I don't think the others do. I found a page on the Adobe forums that has a link for a patch. I think we'll try that and hopefully it'll help.

Comment

Could you post the link in case others have issues?

Comment

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

It's under the "Read this before posting" header

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X