Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• John G
    Reply to Things that jerk my chain...
    John G
    "We aren't going to promote you just yet [maybe next year], because we have too many senior developers"... a few weeks later 2 people leave (non-senior title) and we aren't going to fill them...
    Today, 02:09 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to non native art cs3 ai
    Kayekaye
    Yeah, placed a photo outlined from photoshop into ai file. The ps pdf has the clipping path in it. So far it is proofing ok. Will see what happens. Would just a ps file that has been outlined with clipping...
    Today, 12:44 AM
  • tanjamamas
    Reply to Feedback?
    tanjamamas
    Okay. New direction. I love the "Design is not decoration" sentence.

Yesterday, 11:34 PM
  • UIDer
    Map Icons for mobile
    UIDer
    I'm creating "pin" icons for use on a mobile map. They are to depict a camera, video, text and audio in a simplistic manner as a family.

Two quick questions:

1) Do...
    Yesterday, 08:03 PM
  • TomMonTom
    Reply to Which font is this
    TomMonTom
    Nevermind, figured it out.
    Yesterday, 07:43 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS6 Freezing Issues

We've upgraded over the last month or so to CS6 and the last few weeks, Photoshop as well as Illustrator, freezes at random. It doesn't seem to do this whenever we do something specific. It happens at any time and on three different computers. Most times it doesn't even allow us to Force Quit. We have to manually restart our computers.

Anyone else having this issue?

Operating system(s)?
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

And computer specs?
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mac OS X Lion
        Version 10.7.4

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
        8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Comment

Is it specifically just Photoshop freezing or your entire PC? I haven't had this issue with Illustrator, but in PS, when I switch to another app (anything: finder, Safari, iTunes, etc.) and try to click on the Photoshop canvas to resume work, PS becomes non-responsive.

Does that sound familiar in any way? Or does it freeze while you're in the process of using Photoshop (without switching to any other programs/windows)?
          http://www.RYLNYC.com

Comment

So far on my computer it's just Photoshop, but a colleague is also having trouble with Illustrator(we're all on the same operating system, brand new computers and same CS6). It will freeze when we're doing something. Mine just did it a few minutes ago and I was just placing an image. Sometimes it will freeze just photoshop and I can force quit and restart it. Other times, it will freeze the entire computer and I'll have to do a hard reboot. A couple times, when I go to do a hard reboot, as soon as I touch the power button, the whole screen will go blank and all I can see is the mouse cursor. We're wondering if maybe this is a cross program thing (CS6 being so new) and if a patch download would help.

Comment

Cloud based?
              Firewall?

Comment

I don't think it's cloud based. We have a wireless server across the room. And I've no idea about the firewall

Comment

My Favi: Firefox running?

I have noticed issues with adobe software not playing nice with OSX "spaces" and sometimes when you use command+tab to navigate to different programs you have to click the icon in the dock for the cursor to be active in [adobe software of choice here].
                  Design is not decoration.

Comment

Nope, no firefox. Don't even think we have it installed. We use Safari. I use command+tab but I don't think the others do. I found a page on the Adobe forums that has a link for a patch. I think we'll try that and hopefully it'll help.

Comment

Could you post the link in case others have issues?

Comment

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

It's under the "Read this before posting" header

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X