Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Ok, can anyone tell me why I get this error message "occassionally" when I try to place a PDF file into Quark 6.5?

>>Cannot be imported because it is an unrecognized version<<

Running OSX, Quark 6.5

This happens every once in a while and would like to know if it's the way the customer PDF'd it?
    And what's the best way to get the PDF placed without saving as an .eps out of Acrobat?

We tried re-saving the PDF but doesn't work.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Quark will only import pdf versions 1.3 and 1.4, which are Adobe Acrobat versions 4 and 5, more than likely you have got yourself a pdf version 1.5 which is Adobe Acrobat version 6. If you have the full version of Acobat 6 you can use the pdf optimizer and downsave it to a version 4 without losing quality.

Comment

ahhhhhhhh.... ok, makes total sense!!!

Thank you!
      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
        Reply to Looking for a new computer
        B
        Yeah, it's a common question that's asked here. In the forum search feature, try searching for "What computer do I need". You'll find lots of replies.
        Today, 12:06 PM
      • kemingMatters
        Reply to RKing Logo , Newbie GraphicDesigner looking for nice feedback and suggestions
        kemingMatters
        Hi RSantos, welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
        Today, 12:02 PM
      • vansokc
        Looking for a new computer
        vansokc
        Im looking to get a new computer, right now im using an HP2000. When i bought it anything was better than the computer i had at the time which it was a dinosaur.
        What im using now is getting rather...
        Today, 11:57 AM
      • B
        Reply to My first steps in webdesign
        B
        It would be awfully hard breaking into the web design business if all you can do is make Photoshop images of proposed web sites -- especially if you have no formal training or degree in graphic design....
        Today, 11:42 AM
      • seamas
        Comment on General Feedback Newbie Questions
        seamas
        Crap. I didn't even think of the avatar.
        It was all set up for me to hit it out of the park and I only managed an infield single.
        Today, 11:42 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X