Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Ok, can anyone tell me why I get this error message "occassionally" when I try to place a PDF file into Quark 6.5?

>>Cannot be imported because it is an unrecognized version<<

Running OSX, Quark 6.5

This happens every once in a while and would like to know if it's the way the customer PDF'd it?
    And what's the best way to get the PDF placed without saving as an .eps out of Acrobat?

We tried re-saving the PDF but doesn't work.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Quark will only import pdf versions 1.3 and 1.4, which are Adobe Acrobat versions 4 and 5, more than likely you have got yourself a pdf version 1.5 which is Adobe Acrobat version 6. If you have the full version of Acobat 6 you can use the pdf optimizer and downsave it to a version 4 without losing quality.

Comment

ahhhhhhhh.... ok, makes total sense!!!

Thank you!
      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
        Reply to Definitely Off Topic. Looking for Personal Reviews/Feedback on Cord Cutting options
        B
        I gave up on both regular television and cable television years ago. I have no interest in spectator sports, so that's not an issue for me. It likely won't fit with what you're after, but for me a fiber...
        Today, 01:08 PM
      • whuang4
        Reply to Throw this logo through the wringer
        whuang4
        Sorry - didnt even see KitchWitch's question as I thought it was a auto-bot post on any new user..
        Yes, I am leading the team designing this logo.

Got it. Will simplify it as...
        Today, 12:59 PM
      • B
        Comment on Font making
        B
        I'll move it for you. No big deal.
        Today, 12:33 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to image size for 2 meters
        PrintDriver
        Aaargh....
        No.
        Interpolating an image is still interpolating an image. You can't increase the resolution. You can make PHotoshop guess what the missing pixels are, but it's all still a guess....
        Today, 12:01 PM
      • B
        Reply to Font making
        B
        As sort of a side project, I design typefaces and compile them into commercial fonts. It's a whole lot of work that, when done right, takes months and requires designing, drawing, kerning and hinting...
        Today, 11:17 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X