Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Ok, can anyone tell me why I get this error message "occassionally" when I try to place a PDF file into Quark 6.5?

>>Cannot be imported because it is an unrecognized version<<

Running OSX, Quark 6.5

This happens every once in a while and would like to know if it's the way the customer PDF'd it?
    And what's the best way to get the PDF placed without saving as an .eps out of Acrobat?

We tried re-saving the PDF but doesn't work.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Quark will only import pdf versions 1.3 and 1.4, which are Adobe Acrobat versions 4 and 5, more than likely you have got yourself a pdf version 1.5 which is Adobe Acrobat version 6. If you have the full version of Acobat 6 you can use the pdf optimizer and downsave it to a version 4 without losing quality.

Comment

ahhhhhhhh.... ok, makes total sense!!!

Thank you!
      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mguenther
        Reply to QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
        mguenther
        No advertising??? So when a new Mac is released you also wouldn't allow to link to Apple's website and its specs there?

Cheers
        Matthias...
        Today, 01:31 PM
      • SabrinaHartford
        Reply to Feedback on Hawaii dessert (baking) cook book cover
        SabrinaHartford
        PrintDriver Thanks for the suggestion! Those images are much better. For C &D, I've broken the layout of the original to give the images more impact. I am not sure if they work.

Cover...
        Today, 12:06 PM
      • eyoungren
        Reply to QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
        eyoungren
        Matthias! Funny meeting you here!

-Erik...
        Today, 11:23 AM
      • B
        Reply to Printing help
        B
        By the way, Daniel, welcome to the forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give to all new forum members.

http://www.graphi...
        Today, 10:07 AM
      • B
        Reply to Printing help
        B
        Black type on a clear background won't show up well from the outside on a window. People, for some reason, don't seem to realize that windows, when viewed from the outside, are really quite dark. White...
        Today, 10:02 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X