Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
Error placing a PDF file into Quark Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to achieve Pantone color accuracy in house?
    Desktop inkjet printers have internal ICC profiles. That particular Epson will come fairly close to in-gamut Pantone colors IF (< big IF) you use Epson papers and the correct output profile for that...
    Today, 11:36 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Customer Liability
    < not a lawyer.

Show me the contract.
    The designer should have provided a contract stating an estimate of the work before even beginning the work, especially 12 hours of it.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Reducing ink of a PDF by 50% or more
    Does your digital press have an ink limit panel, either in the rip or as an on-board item?
    Depending on the press, it may have a draft mode as well.
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • gregbern
    Reducing ink of a PDF by 50% or more
    Hi there, I am being given ridiculous expectations for preflighting a job before plating with minimal troubleshooting time. The only way I could manage this in the past was by using a reduced ink profile...
    Today, 04:43 AM
  • uine
    Education Forum Flyer
    Hi everyone,

I am recently making a flyer for an education forum. It took me a long while to find a way to organize this information, and I just finished my draft (colors are not final, some...
    Today, 04:35 AM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error placing a PDF file into Quark

Ok, can anyone tell me why I get this error message "occassionally" when I try to place a PDF file into Quark 6.5?

>>Cannot be imported because it is an unrecognized version<<

Running OSX, Quark 6.5

This happens every once in a while and would like to know if it's the way the customer PDF'd it?
    And what's the best way to get the PDF placed without saving as an .eps out of Acrobat?

We tried re-saving the PDF but doesn't work.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Quark will only import pdf versions 1.3 and 1.4, which are Adobe Acrobat versions 4 and 5, more than likely you have got yourself a pdf version 1.5 which is Adobe Acrobat version 6. If you have the full version of Acobat 6 you can use the pdf optimizer and downsave it to a version 4 without losing quality.

ahhhhhhhh.... ok, makes total sense!!!

Thank you!
      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.