Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
  • Pat Angelo
    Reply to Laptop Bags
    Pat Angelo
    Yeah,go to shop and choose a suitable.
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Yeah, it's too bad new designers don't know them.
    I had a couple sub-vendor printers go completely offline for two weeks in November due to a Christmas crush. They didn't take any new orders for...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    You shouldn't be looking on google images... at least not without expecting to pursue permission to use the images. Google images is NOT a stock site, though some stock shows up in it.

There...
    Today, 01:01 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    PrintDriver
    Very strange. You want someone to tell you how to set up a site so YOU will benefit?
    The Graphic Design part sounds like it will be very important to the success of your site.
    How much money...
    Today, 12:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locking users from editing...

this might throw you a curve, but what i'm hoping to accomplish is to have the same begining and ending tags apply to the same files in MS Front Page.

Everything was designed with DW and FW, i didnt realize the end users would be doing the updates with FP.

thoughts?
    thanks!
    chris<pixelmonkey>

the monkey makes all the girls bounce!
    *i'm an aerobics instructor too*

You mean headers and footers?

Depending on your server you could use includes and make separate header and footer files.

FP also has a silly 'navigation' feature which, when properly set up, works kinda neat, but put in the hands of a 'user' blows up immediately.

Comment

thanks for the reply

a couple of years ago we were using a bunch of includes on instances like this, but it landed us in a small bit of trouble when then author started wanting more and more cross-linked lower level pages. we axed that headached with DW.

i vaguley remember FP coming with somehting similar, but i'm in hopes of being able to lock them out while using FP with tags that are compliant within DW.

my plan is to have them on DW by mid July.
      thanks!
      chris<pixelmonkey>

the monkey makes all the girls bounce!
      *i'm an aerobics instructor too*

Comment

Use .js headers instead?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X