Transparency in Illustrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency in Illustrator

I'm trying to save an Illustrator CS file as an .eps and place in Quark 6 so that the background will be transparent. I know I've done this before, but it's not working, and I can't figure it out. When I view the page in Quark with the graphic imported, it shows up as transparent, but prints with a white box. In the Clipping dialog box, there's no option for Alpha channel, or any other kind of clipping (even though in Illustrator I saved to preserve Alpha transparency). Please help!

The only thing that might mess it up, I'm thinking, might be that the file has lots of 3D effects in it. I did flatten before saving, though. Soooo frustrating. [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img]

Support Music and Arts Education
    www.dafenix.org

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
    Comment on Graphic Designer's In Math
    PanToshi
    Sounds like a fun assignment for all involved. Bravo and thanks for teaching our kids math!
    Yesterday, 10:18 PM
  • Daisy B.
    Comment on Graphic Designer's In Math
    Daisy B.
    Thank you for answering my questions. The project that I'm working on is about how math is used in almost every profession, so each student has to pick a job and then research how math is used in that...
    Yesterday, 10:14 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Graphic Designer's In Math
    salsa
    What kind of simple math do you use on a regular basis whilst doing your job?
    addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions & percentages, ratios, geometry, basic algebra, patterns/sequences...
    Yesterday, 05:31 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
    PanToshi
    In my area of the country, there are an abundance of this.

Believe me, despite over 12 years of agency experience and 15 years being a ''freelancer'', even I have encountered this bias. Especially...
    Yesterday, 03:10 PM
  • B
    Reply to Anyone w/Experience Working at a Design Agency?
    B
    I wouldn't say it means nothing. If it's coupled with all the other things, like internships, actual employment and education, it definitely counts for something.

When I interview people...
    Yesterday, 02:33 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X