No announcement yet.

Transparency in Illustrator

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency in Illustrator

I'm trying to save an Illustrator CS file as an .eps and place in Quark 6 so that the background will be transparent. I know I've done this before, but it's not working, and I can't figure it out. When I view the page in Quark with the graphic imported, it shows up as transparent, but prints with a white box. In the Clipping dialog box, there's no option for Alpha channel, or any other kind of clipping (even though in Illustrator I saved to preserve Alpha transparency). Please help!

The only thing that might mess it up, I'm thinking, might be that the file has lots of 3D effects in it. I did flatten before saving, though. Soooo frustrating. [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img]

Support Music and Arts Education

Latest Topics

• B
    Reply to Business card - need critiques
    I might not even be all that concerned with those particular technical issues.The OP is starting up what seems to be a small home business, so I suspect this card will be digitally printed at a local...
    Today, 12:02 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Business card - need critiques
    For this type of business, I'm not bothered by an amateurish card, but the technical issues PD described need to be addressed
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Indesign hyperlinks - PDF not working on Android and some PC.
    Craig B
    Are they text hyperlinks or "button" hyperlinks. Button hyperlinks tend to break on several readers. Including when opening a PDF in a web browser. Which is probably happening with the PC and...
    Today, 09:39 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Looking for mentor
    A lot depends on the employer. Some agencies offer continuing education opportunities, some corporations offer creative workshops, some companies work more collaboratively, some work in large teams, some...
    Today, 09:17 AM
  • graffiks
    Reply to Graphic Design in the 2010s...
    Pan I probably did misspeak. I do see that there will probably always be a place for printing. I was speaking from my personal experience over the last 10 years of seeing business drop. I have always...
    Today, 09:13 AM

Incredible Stock
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings