Transparency in Illustrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency in Illustrator

I'm trying to save an Illustrator CS file as an .eps and place in Quark 6 so that the background will be transparent. I know I've done this before, but it's not working, and I can't figure it out. When I view the page in Quark with the graphic imported, it shows up as transparent, but prints with a white box. In the Clipping dialog box, there's no option for Alpha channel, or any other kind of clipping (even though in Illustrator I saved to preserve Alpha transparency). Please help!

The only thing that might mess it up, I'm thinking, might be that the file has lots of 3D effects in it. I did flatten before saving, though. Soooo frustrating. [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img]

Support Music and Arts Education
    www.dafenix.org

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hyena
    Comment on Useful skills to learn?
    hyena
    Indeed, that's why I said. "You'd also need some knowledge how wrapping works, before you actually want to Design them"
    Today, 03:23 PM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Saving Patterns in Ai
    Craig B
    when saving swatches ASE in Illustrator a popup box shows up saying that gradients, patterns etc. won't be saved. However, if you save your swatches (using the same flyout menu) as an AI file it will....
    Today, 03:17 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Introduction and thinking about freelancing
    Cosmo
    I've only even heard of freelancer.com. Never heard of the other two.
    Today, 02:11 PM
  • mikelamar
    Saving Patterns in Ai
    mikelamar
    Hi guys. I made some patterns in Ai CC and tried to save them via the flyout menu in swatches like pattern.ase but when I opened then nothing appeared. Can you help me please.
    Today, 12:06 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Useful skills to learn?
    PrintDriver
    That website with every type of car detail, front back sides top, doesn't show the flairs and cuts of the car body itself. A flat linear outline is not gonna tell you anything about the flair height of...
    Today, 11:40 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X