Color separation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color separation

I have to say that I am relatively new in the world of prepress, and have problem in the start. I was wondering if someone can tell me how to make silk screen prepress for this kind of design:

So, I would like to know what design technique shoul be used, and how to avoid dot overlaps?
    Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 07-10-2013, 08:38 AM. Reason: Remove flickr link

Welcome xitm4n!

We ask all new members to please have a thorough read through the "stickied" threads HERE with our rules and FAQs, and this link with info on how to navigate this forum.

Enjoy your stay!

blog/portfolio

Comment

You really need to talk to the person doing the silkscreening. Because the print looks like it is a halftone, there are a number of different workflows on how to handle those based on the capabilities of the screen printer. I could tell you my specs, but it might not be what your silkscreener would use.

Comment

Originally posted by xitm4n View Post
        I have to say that I am relatively new in the world of prepress... So, I would like to know what design technique shoul be used, and how to avoid dot overlaps?
        Are you doing the prepress and making the film positives? Avoiding "dot overlaps"?

Halftone dots regularly overlap -- that's how third colors are frequently produced. In four-color process, you've got four sets of halftone dots overlapping. In the example you've shown, though, it doesn't look like this would come up anyway. It's a two-color job with a solid color background and what looks like a one-color halftoned Escher image on top of it.

Comment

I think they are talking about knocking out the dots on the yellow for the pink, maybe?
          That would be hair-raising.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X