Highlighting Text

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlighting Text

Is it really possible that there is no way to highlight text by selecting the text?? Creating and adjusting little rectangles, making them partially transparent, and putting them behind words you want highlighted seems extremely work intensive..... Not to mention having to move and readjust all of them every time you edit the text.....:-(.......

Hi Janet, I haven't worked in Corel Draw in about 10 years but in other design layout programmes you can highlight text but using the text underline tool.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it Indesign. Perhaps it can translate to a similar result in Corel Draw?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Janet, open the Text Properties panel. Under Character, look for the 'ab' with the yellow highlight. With your text/word selected, choose 'uniform fill' and your highlight color. The 3 dots to the right open the color picker for more options.

Comment

• janetb
        janetb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Callendale,
        Sorry---forgot to say X5.... No Text Properties Panel.... Only Text tab on Object Properties panel....No 'ab' with yellow highlight...:-(....

Sorry, Janet – I didn't think to ask what version. I don't have X5, just X4 and X6. X4 doesn't have all the text options either. Just saw your question in the Corel forum. I think X6 has everything you want (inc. editing groups). Upgrades are $169 right now.
      You asked about ALT-Click. That allows you to select an object covered by another object.

Comment

As I posted later, Alt-click on the Underline icon gives you highlighting option in some program(s)....:-)....

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X