Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corel Draw Equivalent For Mac

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there is a Mac Version of Corel Draw.
    2.) And can the program save completed work in a format that can be opened by Corel Draw?

3.)Would someone switching from a PC to a Mac have much of a learning curve?

Thanks for the help

Hi Cedarimp and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Corel Corp. Mac-native apps: http://www.corel.com/corel/category.jsp?cat=cat4650220

To run Corel Draw! on a Mac you'd need Parallels or another Windows emulator. That would also require a Windows license.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

If you are working in an environment that relies on Corel Draw you need to make the choice of remaining PC or as Garricks said, installing an emulator with a Windows license. Be sure to do your homework as Corel used to require a key or dongle that may not work with an emulator (I'm going back years now but we had sign software running on a mac using a PC-based PCI card and had to get a softkey from the software manufacturer.) May just be serial number based now. We don't use it any more.

Translating back and forth between an alternative program and Corel Draw will introduce errors into your workflow at some point. It is inevitable. The likely alternative is using Illustrator as Corel can "export" to .ai format, sort of, and with scripts can import most .ai files (don't bet on the Illy CC version until updates come out.)

Good luck.

Comment

I use both Illustrator and CorelDraw daily. May I ask what you're using it for? You have to run Windows for CD, but maybe Illy might be useful. Not an Adobe fanboy, both programs have features I like. If you're switching to a Mac, Illy might not be an equivalent or better option.
          Last edited by MichaelWied; 02-11-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X