​CorelDraw files size increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​CorelDraw files size increase

Why do CorelDraw files increase so dramatically in size? I opened a simple file that was 24.5M, then I did a "Select All" and "Copy", pasted it into a new document which is now 68K.

Is the file saving a "history" somewhere? If so, can it be disabled?

Thanks!

Does CorelDraw save with a PDF function? (I don't use CorelDraw anymore)
    Illustrator does and that PDF function causes some very serious file bloat.
    Could be too that there was something "stuck" in the file that copy-pasting got rid of. You might have lucked out. A lot of times "stuck" means "broken" and the file doesn't open at all.

Comment

Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

I don't know the why behind it, but I've just gotten into the habit of doing a select all and save as on files now and then to reduce bloat.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X