New setup for a newbie!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New setup for a newbie!

Hi guys, I'm a newbie who is looking into getting a plotter (print + cut) to do small car decals With Corel Draw (now have X5).
    Do you recommend a specific machine that will allow me to integrate easily with Corel (Would like to do directly from Corel instead of exporting and using 3rd party softwares)

I've been wanting to do this for so many years but prices were too expensive, not that they seem more affordable, I'm ready to start in a small scale, almost a hobby and we'll see, I don't expect to do a lot.
    I would like to have something semi-pro at least, maybe with servo, I was expecting to pay no more than 500$ or 750$ at max.

Any recommendations? As well, what is the specific vinyl I would need?

Thank you all!

Hi BenHurQc and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

When you can lay out $6K for just a plotter, $10K for a printer/plotter we can talk.

There are toys out there like the Cricut ( http://us.cricut.com/home/learn/mach...ut-explore-one )that cut for that price but I don't know of a printer/cutter.

Here's a toy cutter for $1k. And it's a lovely shade of pink.
      http://www.cutterpros.com/precision-...FdUXHwod4mcF0A

Here's a place where you can research your dream. This is budget machinery but Mutoh is a good brand.
      Gotta sign up for pricing.
      https://www.fellers.com/fellers-shop...mutoh-printers

Here's another (I've never heard of PrismJet but it may be a rebranded Mutoh) It's $11K:
      http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-M-PRN...PRINT-CUT.html

For outdoor material you need a solvent or eco-sol or light solvent printer and the printable vinyl that works with the inkset you are using. If you want your "stickers" to last longer, you buy a laminator and use matched vinyl/lam systems.

You might possibly find one of the heat/foil things rather than solvent but still not for that price. And they don't do process color or imagery very well...
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-04-2015, 07:22 PM.

Comment

sorry, I think the Mutoh is just a printer, no cutter.
        A Roland Versacamm might be more in order.
        Still looking at $14k
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-05-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kbarry
          Reply to Projects to spruce up portfolio
          kbarry
          To be honest, some of it is dated. I've been in publishing for a couple of years and although I did do graphic design, there were several other things I did. Not a lot of things that are incredibly worth...
          Today, 03:27 PM
        • Faye F. Cagle
          Reply to Work from UK for an US company
          Faye F. Cagle
          I think it shouldn't be a problem since you will be working remotely. You can get the wages in USA bank account to avoid tax issues in the UK. It may depend on what visa category your are applying in...
          Today, 02:05 PM
        • Biggs097
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          Biggs097
          Bring the type together. Unify the typography. Something like this. Just an idea.
          Today, 01:10 PM
        • seamas
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          seamas
          Two out of three of the performers were brutally murdered (and hated each other).

That's NOT a fun party.
          Today, 01:07 PM
        • seamas
          Reply to Please critique my jazz poster
          seamas
          Definitely a do-over.

One problem is you have too many quotation marks. You don't need them.

Also, when listing the band members, you should not have Milou on one line, then...
          Today, 11:21 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X