Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color profile paradox

Hello all,

Hopefully some of you can shed some light for me. I'm using CorelDRAW X6 to produce a parish mag, which works really well but I have a colour mystery. Basically, I have colour management set to Europe Prepress, which seems reasonable as I'm in the UK and send the file (as a pdf) to a commercial printer. However, when the printed mag comes back the colours are some way off what the screen proof suggested when set to ISO Coated V2, (which is the CMYK selection in European Prepress), BUT if I change the screen proof option to Agfa Swop Standard it looks much more like the printed output. My grasp of colour management is pretty limited, but why is the printed output closely resembling the Agfa Swop preview rather than the ISO Coated preview?

Don't use a color profile because it "makes sense" to you.
    Ask the printer what profile they want you to use.
    The combination of what you embedded and what the printer used may totally screw up your output. That it resembles another profile at all is merely coincidence.

Comment

Hi Leitz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Thanks KW. I have to say that I'm delighted to read the rule about textspeak, I'm neither very old nor upper class, but can't stand forums full of lower case posts and Us, 4s, h8s, etc. I'm only a keen amateur who does this stuff for charitable local events, and have lots to learn, so will be doing more asking than answering I'm afraid!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X