Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share my experience with this product. So I have had a long lasting relationship with the Corel company ever since Corel photoimpact X3.

I've found the software quite user-friendly and enjoyable to use. Starting my early days doing just simple forum signatures and buttons, I felt quite accomplished but as now I have grown I just haven't had the nerve to jump off the boat to Adobe CC. I recently just upgraded to the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 and found it to be very on-par in the features with Adobe. Corel has worked for me so far in landing my new corporate job mainly designing stationary and occasional flyer or two but, I have run into a problem with a printing company.

They advised me Corel generally has a colour saturation issue when printing. So I have been double checking before I send stuff off to the printer to check their profiles ICC colour palettes and so forth. Just thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone else has enjoyed this software.

ohh and hello to future post by KitchWitch!
    I agree
    0%
    I disagree
    0%
    I just wanted a cookie
    100.00%

Hi Type and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I've never used Corel products, so I don't have any insight, other than I know that Corel is used by some people. The good news is it's not a subscription model. So you actually own the software. Imagine that. How novel. ha!

That and I us Mac, so having most of their software PC only seems limiting to me. But hey, if it works for you stick with it. The only possible benefit is knowing and Using Adobe products could expand your experience for future jobs or positions possibly (for instance, if a job opens up that requires Adobe Creative Suite experience you'd feel comfortable switching.)

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

I've use both Illustrator and CorelDRAW. I remember that CorelDRAW had more features and more options with those features at that time. The same could be said for Altsys/Aldus/Macromedia Freehand at that time, which Adobe bought out. But Illustrator is more compatible with output devices because it's built on PostScript, the first widely accepted standard for printing from computers.

When it comes to electronic display, it doesn't matter what program you use to create the images. Whatever is most comfortable for you is the best for you. But when it comes to printing, Adobe has a monopoly on the industry standards. That's why it was so easy for Adobe to kill QuarkXPress with InDesign. Sad but true.

Comment

Several of my outside print vendors hate CorelDraw. Too many ways for users to misuse the software and it makes a mess of their workflow.
          Some of them won't even take Corel files and there is one that will only take them as tif exports. (I love these guys anyway.)
          While it seems to be a staple software in the sign industry, mainly because of its price point, we don't use it here. I haven't seen a Corel file in well over 10 years now (you watch...Monday morning...8am...)
          And, it's PC only. No Mac version - except for Painter.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            Several of my outside print vendors hate CorelDraw. Too many ways for users to misuse the software and it makes a mess of their workflow.
            Some of them won't even take Corel files and there is one that will only take them as tif exports. (I love these guys anyway.)
            While it seems to be a staple software in the sign industry, mainly because of its price point, we don't use it here. I haven't seen a Corel file in well over 10 years now (you watch...Monday morning...8am...)
            And, it's PC only. No Mac version - except for Painter.
            Hey Print Driver,

Wow! So all the printing places I've used were secretly wanting to stab me? Ha ha at this point I'm only doing commercial stationary and digital design however, after reading through your comment I feel like now would be the best time to incorporate some Adboe experience! Thanks for taking to time out of your day to share your experience.

Comment

Not necessarily, on the stabbing part.
              If you are a skilled user, they might want to hire you....LOL....though you would need those Adobe skills as well.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X