Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How can you sharpen the edges of a vector drawn in corel draw? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you sharpen the edges of a vector drawn in corel draw?

When I use corel draw and make my vector which is basically a square filled with a color and when I export it, the edges are all grainy and the graphic is so small and terrible quality it won't be good for what I want to use it for...using it on a website for formating the design.

Any suggestions because when I was back in high school it was not this difficult to figure out and everything looked a lot better.

Thanks!

Adam

What format are you exporting it in? If it were still a vector it wouldn't be "grainy". Sounds like a file type problem.

And what program are you then trying to use it in?

You might also try this free open source alternative to Adobe Illustrator.
    http://www.inkscape.org/

Good Luck!

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Corel Draw should be just as capable as Illustrator, I don't think that it's a problem that would be solved by using inkscape.

How are you saving/exporting the file? What are your settings?
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I am exporting it as a JPEG and GIF and it is not exactly grainy but rough around the edges. That better describes the problem that I am having. It looks like "pixels" on the edges instead of a smooth image.

I just export with the normal settings...I don't change anything.

Comment

Thats why. Your converting a vector image to raster and blowing it up, of course it will be blurry/grainy/jagged.

Export as a vector EPS.
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

If it's going on a website, most likely you'll end up needing raster art (GIF or JPG). That is, unless you have a need for it to be a flash object.

Can you post up the GIF and/or JPG to the forum?

Comment

More than likely an export settings problem.

Always make your image the same size as the end result you want. This helps the program to not make it fuzzy when exporting becuase it doesn't have to convert pixels.

Export as JPG
              Set resolution to 72
              RBG color mode

Check Anti-alias
              Check maintain aspect ratio

like this.

^^
              Jade

Comment

Originally posted by cnic
                What format are you exporting it in? If it were still a vector it wouldn't be "grainy". Sounds like a file type problem.
                Originally posted by morea
                How are you saving/exporting the file?
                Originally posted by CkretAjint
                Export as a vector EPS.
                Originally posted by Drazan
                More than likely an export settings problem.
                Hmmm... I wonder if we're on to something?? lol.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
                1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
                2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
                3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
                For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Rofl

Comment

Originally posted by scottyadam
                    I am exporting it as a JPEG and GIF and it is not exactly grainy but rough around the edges. That better describes the problem that I am having. It looks like "pixels" on the edges instead of a smooth image.

I just export with the normal settings...I don't change anything.
                    I had a similar problem when trying to save for web from Illustrator about a year ago... couldn't for the life of me figure out what the problem was.

Have you tried trashing your preferences, or uninstalling and reinstalling the program? That's what it ultimately took for me.
                    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X