Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I

How Do I distort just the bottom half of text and keep the top half of text flat?

You need to convert the text to a vector object. In Illustrator it's called "converting to outline" I can't remember what it's called in CD

Actually, for Corel... you don't. You just use the envelope distortion tools and the text remains 'live' and editable.

In Illustrator CS5, select the text with the direct selection tool, then from the menu bar choose Effect > Distort and Transform > Free Distort…

What you get is a proxy with four points at the corners of the bounding box. Kinda simple, but the text stays editable.

Or, from the menu bar, choose Object > Envelope Distort > (choose an option).

Make sure you read the help first, work on a copy of your file, and don't forget to expand the art when you're finally approved.
        Last edited by garricks; 04-05-2012, 12:26 AM.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.