Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Comment on Which is your best graphic designing software
    skribe
    Actually Xara Designer Pro has supported Pantone for quite a few years now.
    Today, 04:25 AM
  • alenna
    Reply to Poster and text legibility/placement/design
    alenna
    Sigh, the tinypic isn't working. I had to deprecate the image even more to show you. I couldn't just attach a new image so I had to make a new post, please forgive me.

Uh so embarassing....
    Today, 02:57 AM
  • B
    Reply to General advice on a project
    B
    I can see your problem, but the gray just doesn't provide sufficient contrast to the rust-colored circle. Squint your eyes and the two just blend together. A color blind person would see almost no difference....
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • B
    Reply to Poster and text legibility/placement/design
    B
    Looks like I was writing my post while you were posting your revision, which I think is much better.

If it were me, I would remove the faint type at the top that duplicates the smaller type....
    Yesterday, 11:26 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creative freelancers / start ups - Need your advice please!
    PrintDriver
    Definitely get the deposit up front. Cash, check or credit card if you have the ability. A lot of clients like to pay by credit card so they don't have to pay out cash until that bill comes in....
    Yesterday, 11:18 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I

How Do I distort just the bottom half of text and keep the top half of text flat?

You need to convert the text to a vector object. In Illustrator it's called "converting to outline" I can't remember what it's called in CD

Comment

Actually, for Corel... you don't. You just use the envelope distortion tools and the text remains 'live' and editable.

Comment

In Illustrator CS5, select the text with the direct selection tool, then from the menu bar choose Effect > Distort and Transform > Free Distort…

What you get is a proxy with four points at the corners of the bounding box. Kinda simple, but the text stays editable.

Or, from the menu bar, choose Object > Envelope Distort > (choose an option).

Make sure you read the help first, work on a copy of your file, and don't forget to expand the art when you're finally approved.
        Last edited by garricks; 04-05-2012, 12:26 AM.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X