Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to how got project of graphic designing
    ISitude
    I've found that being able to explain why a client should go with my firm is key. Clearly showing a benefit to their brand is all important. You must be able to articulate their concerns through your...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    All I can say about Ray Gun is ...awesome stuff ...well worth studying for all those interested in learning about typography and it's various shades of gray!

Like you say <b> the most...
    Today, 04:26 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Kayekaye
    The typeface is stiff and boring for a wedding, used way too much. The border is very '70's with a nod to art deco, neither of which go well with your Chinese characters. No it's not common knowledge...
    Today, 04:06 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Big hello from China
    KitchWitch
    Hi Janet and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:08 AM
  • janetm1000
    Big hello from China
    janetm1000
    Hi there,

my name is Janet! I'm from Germany, but live and work in China.
    I used to work in interior design and did quite a lot of 3D modelling for event companies as well in my past....
    Today, 02:59 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corel X6

I'll bet this will come as a wild surprise, but I've been using Corel X6 for the last four weeks and it is a complete lemon. Shocking I know.

Apparently, it's JUST ON MY COMPUTERS, but I can't open 75% of the files done in X5 and most times can't open any files actually saved in X6. It's reduculous. It just crashes.

It happens on all the computers at work, but my home computer runs it just fine. Figure that out.

I have sent crash logs to Corel and they are looking into it, but in the meantime we're simply using X5...with all IT'S bugs...

There are some crazy awesome new tools, but alas... I can't get the f'in thing to even run half the time.

Just sayin, in case you were going to run out and buy it right away. Wait for SP1 at least.

Still using Corel huh Key, I think my last version was X3. I kept getting Adobe suites free for reviewing and now I'm stuck with them LOL.

Comment

HOw do you get the Adobe suites free for reviewing? I want in on that!!!

Keyare, as for the Corel issues... It's been a while, but I remember in the older versions (3-6) I used to have problems where I'd be working, then Corel would crash. When I restarted, my ENTIRE FILE was lost (Actual file was still there, but was blank when I opened it). The "work around"/fix was there was some folder hidden in the Corel folder that holds the temp data. I had to figure out/find the one associated with that file - based off date/time - then delete it. That only worked about 55% of the time, but I had nothing to lose. And like I said, it's been so many years since I used it, I couldn't even tell you where to find the folder... Good luck tho!
      Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
      - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

You just have to run a fairly popular and well established online graphic design magazine. About 3 months before CS4 came out they flew me and a bunch of other "journalists" to San Jose for 3 days and let us play around with it.

Comment

Key, Bob can probably help you out next time he rolls through.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
            You just have to run a fairly popular and well established online graphic design magazine. About 3 months before CS4 came out they flew me and a bunch of other "journalists" to San Jose for 3 days and let us play around with it.
            I wish I got to play around with 'it' in San Jose.

So, is this what the GDF is considered by the industry? An online graphic design magazine? Or is there another secret life you lead, oh Kooliness?

Comment

No Bob, the GDF is considered a discussion forum.

Comment

That explains the difficulties I have had in finding a centerfold.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                  Damn....

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                  That explains the difficulties I have had in finding a centerfold.

Thanks.
                  LOL!
                  Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                  - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Hi,

I'm quite new with using programs such as Corel Draw. I was intended to draw some lines for a general two-dimensional physics diagram, but as soon as I applied new objects, the previous moved away (changed their shape). I don't know if which Options must be modified.

For a better imagination I enclosed a snapshot:

View My Video

I would like to thank you in advance for your favourable response!

Simon

Comment

OK, I figured out, I used the connector instead of freehand tool.

Tnx anyway.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X