Pdf colours different to Coreldraw file colours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdf colours different to Coreldraw file colours

Hi. This is a new problem for me. I use CorelDRAW 13. Use microsoft. Until recently I had an XP OS and it's been upgraded recently to Windows 7. I'm not sure if this is relevant to my problem.

My problem? I use pantone colours for graphics that I do for the clothing industry, and it's very important that the colours are correct. When I turn my cdr file into a pdf something happens to the colours. For example, a green/blue colour becomes a med Blue/blue colour. In other words , not just another tone of the original colour but completely different. Funny enough, the colour looks fine on the screen in the pdf reader.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Would really appreciate some help or advise.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Sounds more like a profile mismatch in your PDF generator.
    Might want to check that.

Comment

If they're spot colours then who cares what they look like on screen? They should output as spots (sep plates) with that pantone reference.

I notice though you say "PDF Reader" is this Acrobat or a 3rd Party PDF reader. 3rd Party PDF readers are notorious for not displaying colours from spots correctly.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
        If they're spot colours then who cares what they look like on screen? They should output as spots (sep plates) with that pantone reference.

I notice though you say "PDF Reader" is this Acrobat or a 3rd Party PDF reader. 3rd Party PDF readers are notorious for not displaying colours from spots correctly.

How they look on screen is irrelevant to my problem. I only mentioned it as a by the by. My problem is that the colours print out wrong. They do not match the pantone swatches at all. But only when turned into a pdf. When printed from cdr they are fine.

It is Acrobat.

L

Comment

I don't think it is Acrobat. If you updated your system, did you have to reload your programs? If so, everything may be on default (or may be on default if the new system didn't honor old system settings). Check your profiling in your PDF generation method.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            Sounds more like a profile mismatch in your PDF generator.
            Might want to check that.
            Do you know how I would go about doing this? I've checked the ICC profile box and it hasn't made a difference.

L

Comment

But your printer doesn't print spot colours?

The problem is that the colours are being converted to a colour space, probably, than you originally have.

Check your PDF settings that colours are not being converted.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Making me wonder how this was being done before...

Comment

Are you creating the PDF as a 'publish to PDF' directly from Corel, and if so -- what settings/options are you using there?

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Unfortunately I am no nearer to a solution to my problem.

@ Bob - yes, I "publish to pdf" as I have always done. Same setting as before. No changes.

This is, as I mentioned earlier, a new problem. In the past I have always had colours processed correctly into pdf format. It seems to be linked to my change in operating system to Win7 from XP. But I can't be sure, could be a coincidence. I was hoping someone else would have had a similar problem and I could get some advice. I am planning on changing to Corel X6.

Is it possible that X3 is incompatible with Win7. I have heard that that is the case but there is a lot of wrong info out there.

It continues to be a problem and so I have to print out the corel file and deliver manually to my client, which is a pain in the neck, and an unnecessary waste of time.

L

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X